PDA

View Full Version : Cbt cancelled on me an hour before my appointment.

Spondoolicks
27-02-14, 09:39
I have waited 3 months for my 1st cbt appointment. The therapist has just phoned and cancelled an hour before my appointment. I was so looking forward to this I feel like I've hit the floor. I've already had 2 panic attacks working myself up to this appointment and now I feel like I have crashed. After my brilliant day yesterday I feel like I've gone back all those huge steps and more so. :weep:

---------- Post added at 09:39 ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 ----------

Any ideas on how I can pick myself up again. Please help

KLP
27-02-14, 09:42
Sorry to hear that look at my previous post regarding homework, maybe you could do some workbooks/modules. Just a thought.

Sam100322
27-02-14, 09:51
Try not to let this set you back, keep thinking positive thoughts, the negative ones feed our anxiety. I know it's difficult but keep happy thoughts

Annie0904
27-02-14, 13:05
Oh no...I'm sorry to hear that :( I know how worked up we get about appointments. Have they given you another one?

Spondoolicks
27-02-14, 13:28
I have another booked for next Thursday. I suppose that's a good thing. I was so looking forward to this as I saw it finally as some help to getting over this terrible anxiety. I was really annoyed that he only phoned me less than an hour before the appointment I had already not slept, had 2 panic attacks and booked a taxi to attend this appointment. His reason was he had a cold. I am a understanding person and know that a cold can knock you sideways but he knew from our phone call last week how much I needed this appointment. That sounds very harsh and selfish, guess all I'm trying to say is when I'm at work and have a cold I am expected to take a paracetamol and get myself into work. I have pupils that rely on me being there. The therapists job is the same probably more so as an anxious person will have to prepare themselves for a appointment. The knock on effect is tremendous took me a couple of hours to get myself off the bed and to thinking anywhere near structured enough to get dressed and get downstairs. I'm now trying to work on my positive thinking. Thinking ok it's only next week, another week of scrabbling through best I can. Just hoping the physical symptoms start to ease soon I've had pounding heart all morning. :(

Phuzella
27-02-14, 13:33
Look at the positive side, at least you won't catch his cold

---------- Post added at 13:32 ---------- Previous post was at 13:31 ----------

:)

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:32 ----------

What year do you teach?

Spondoolicks
27-02-14, 13:43
Ha ha phuzella. There is that positive. I don't teach an actual subject as I'm a House Mentor. I work with students 11-16 pastorally and academically in English and Maths. My students are generally referred to me because of difficulties in their lives be it personal or academic. I also work with students on free school meals as a government initiative to closing the gap. I love my job as it is very rewarding. I miss my students big time and wish that I could get back on top of this anxiety so I can get back there. I've missed a whole half term already. :weep:

Phuzella
27-02-14, 13:54
Sounds a very rewarding job. I was a primary school teaching assistant for 12 years, but gave it up 3 years ago when my husband died. I loved the job but very stressful, we had some very challenging children at the school. I miss it but doubt I'll ever go back.

Spondoolicks
27-02-14, 14:19
I was a teaching assistant for special needs till I moved up to this. I also loved that job too. It is very rewarding. Shame you will never go back.

Ryan92
27-02-14, 23:59
This has happened to me before too, Ive had appointments cancelled a few times due to my therapist been ill so I know how you feel :) Just try and keep positive if you can and maybe do something you find interesting or a hobby. Like you've said its only one week left to wait. I have had cbt sessions and they can really help :), good luck :D