PDA

View Full Version : Heart Fears

cjw
27-02-14, 11:39
Been away on business this week and have felt awful. Pains in chest, neck and back, dizzy and short of breath. I've been convinced that it's my heart again.....I'm flying to the US for a week with work on Monday and am dreading it. I should be looking forward to it but am thinking that I can't handle feeling like this. If I have a heart attack on the plane I'll die......can these symptoms really be anxiety?? If so how do I make them go away. I can't take this anymore...this disorder is ruining my life :weep:

phonoodle
27-02-14, 11:58
yep its anxiety man. it is killing all of us but just know youre not going to die. for me its my mind thinking wayyyyyyyy too much so im thinking of going on meds. i dont want to but this feeling sucks

eccat
27-02-14, 17:21
I think subconsciously you're thinking of that plane trip all the time and that's bringing the anxiety on. I had the same symptoms when I was worried about driving through rural South Africa. In the end I was fine and my anxiety vanished. Get on that plane, there's a 90% chance nothing will happen. Good luck :)