PDA

View Full Version : Feel the need for sweet stuff

eccat
27-02-14, 17:27
was just wondering if this happens to anyone else... today at work I suddenly felt I couldn't breath; shakey etc. Then I had a piece of cake and I was fine. Later same feelings, had something small again and the feeling vanished again. I've had my glucose tested many times and the tests always show normal. What's up with this?:unsure:

jill
27-02-14, 17:49
Hi hun :D

I can get a craving for sugar, for me, it does not need to be sweets or cakes, it can be a simple as popping a chewing gum in my mouth stops the craving. I read somewhere it may have something to do with hormones..

NOW, I did read this....

I can think of two possible reasons why you crave sugar. Eating desserts may be a family tradition -- or maybe your brain wants serotonin. Serotonin is a brain chemical that makes you feel content and happy. Eating sugar can increase the absorption of an amino acid called tryptophan, which helps your body make serotonin, so it's possible that eating something sweet may make you feel happy.

Hope this helps, even if its just knowing your not alone.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XX

Fishmanpa
27-02-14, 19:07
was just wondering if this happens to anyone else... today at work I suddenly felt I couldn't breath; shakey etc. Then I had a piece of cake and I was fine. Later same feelings, had something small again and the feeling vanished again. I've had my glucose tested many times and the tests always show normal. What's up with this?:unsure:

Not sure why you're getting shaky but I know my fiance' gets the sweets craving around the time Aunt Flo is coming to visit. I take a look at her pill pack and start bringing home sweets for her. It makes her feel wonderful and makes me an absolute hero ~lol~ :yesyes:

Positive thoughts

anthrokid
28-02-14, 21:50
Eccat, anxiety uses a lot of energy through muscle tension and excess nerve activation. Your body may be craving sugar at times when it is very fatigued because it knows it needsa more energy and sugar may be a 'quick fix'.

eccat
02-03-14, 21:31
Thanks to all of you on your replies. Just hearing that I'm not nuts is a help. I think hormones may be playing a part in this as this particular day was the day I was due for my contraceptive injection. At the end of the day who knows for sure.... all I know is now I've got a fantastic excuse to eat sweet stuff :D

MRS STRESS ED
02-03-14, 21:46
Eccat im craving sweets choccys cake ,but im on a diet lol never mind

jill
05-03-14, 17:00
Hi hun :D

Its good to hear the reply's hepled. I feel, knowing your not alone with something helps sooo much.

***all I know is now I've got a fantastic excuse to eat sweet stuff :biggrin: **

NOW, NOW, in moderation please LOL :roflmao:

**I think hormones may be playing a part in this as this ***

YOU SEE, you found the answer for yourself :yesyes: GREAT :yesyes:

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XX