PDA

View Full Version : An apology

mrdave92
27-02-14, 17:58
I am so sorry for my last post relating to my lupus worries. I have had a terrible rash and a lot of joint pain but today I got my blood results (ANA, ESR, FBC) back and they were all negative. This effectively rules out a lupus diagnosis as they would be off if something was wrong. They're still testing and trying to get to the bottom of things but they believe that post traumatic stress from my assault may have triggered things. I still feel unwell and feel terrible for the state of mind I was in when I last posted.

I'd like to apologise to everyone on the forum for my childish and pathetic behaviour ignoring all the good advice that was offered to me. Everyone has been fantastic to me on here and I feel like a fool. Once again I apologise and your ongoing support means an awful lot to me.

Phuzella
27-02-14, 18:04
:)

yenool
27-02-14, 18:06
I'm glad to hear your tests came back negative.

Assuming you haven't already done so, I think you should be pushing your GP for a referral to counselling and considering medications for anxiety.

Good luck. :)

Primula
27-02-14, 18:13
Oh Dave, I'm pleased your results were clear. Don't feel foolish, I've had my own melt downs about my health.

Our minds are incredibly powerful, and can make us believe anything. You have been under a lot of stress, be kind to yourself.

LucyR
27-02-14, 18:14
Glad to hear your tests have ruled out lupus.

Dexterjames
27-02-14, 18:19
Excellent Dave i have followed a lot of your posts for 1 reason everything you describe is how i have been feeling for the last five months+ your not alone its a horrible state to be in i have not been at work for 4 weeks so don't apologize i even thought i had lupas.
I feel better now for you and me :)

MRS STRESS ED
27-02-14, 18:23
MrDave you dont have to be sorry ,we just wanted you to try and listen and admit your anxiety is playing a big part in how your feeling really pleased to hear it isnt lupus just hope you can find the right help and get better xx

cattia
27-02-14, 18:25
I didn't reply to your last post as I didn't think I had anything to add that others hadn't said, but I think so many of us have been in that state of mind where we are so deep in our own fixation that it's impossible to see reason. I'm so glad your results were clear and that you seem to be in a better state of mind.

Worriedwellornot
27-02-14, 18:28
Great news Dave. Won't say we told you so.......start to relax now x x

LunaLiuna
27-02-14, 18:30
Yes, I'm so glad to hear that Dave!

Don't feel sorry, many of us here have been in that space where we've been blinded by our fears. I think a big long rest is needed for you :)

Leslie735
27-02-14, 18:42
No need for apologies! Thank the Lord everything came back normal. :) :hugs:

Fishmanpa
27-02-14, 19:24
They say "Love is Blind"... well so is HA. It's hard to see the forest for the trees when you're in the midst of a HA induced mania.

Glad you're Ok... time to sharpen your sword, get some armor and fight the Dragon ya hear?

Positive thoughts

Althea
27-02-14, 19:45
As people upthread has been saying, we know how convincing anxiety can be. I'm delighted to hear the good news, and I'm also delighted to see that you're recognizing it as good news! And I'm so glad you came back and told us.

Pipkin
27-02-14, 20:05
Dave,

No need to apologise but thanks anyway - as I said before, we've all been there.

You'll find things start to improve once you accept that it's anxiety causing your symptoms. Once you've crossed that hurdle, you'll look back and realise how you caught yourself up in a vicious circle.

By the way, if you accept this now, you'll be a lot younger than I was when I finally realised the cause of my problems.

Take care

Pip

HoneyLove
27-02-14, 20:45
Dave, I'm so glad for you that the tests came back negative, what a relief it must be to know you don't have to deal with that diagnosis. Your doctor is taking good care of you, try to trust them as much as you can and flow with the treatments they think will be best for you.

I know it will be have been hard for you to hear that, as well as to come here and write this post. Don't be too hard on yourself, just use this as an insight into the levels of anxiety that you're suffering with and start looking into how you can deal with it. Take small steps, just look after yourself.

I hope that you can find your way back to a stress free place someday, know that everyone here will support you on your journey xx

Serenity1990
27-02-14, 21:01
I am so sorry for my last post relating to my lupus worries. I have had a terrible rash and a lot of joint pain but today I got my blood results (ANA, ESR, FBC) back and they were all negative. This effectively rules out a lupus diagnosis as they would be off if something was wrong. They're still testing and trying to get to the bottom of things but they believe that post traumatic stress from my assault may have triggered things. I still feel unwell and feel terrible for the state of mind I was in when I last posted.

I'd like to apologise to everyone on the forum for my childish and pathetic behaviour ignoring all the good advice that was offered to me. Everyone has been fantastic to me on here and I feel like a fool. Once again I apologise and your ongoing support means an awful lot to me.

Dave please don't apologise, I'm over the moon everything came back negative for you! These forums were kindly set up so people can vent such things, you just used it for what it's here for!

Tanner40
27-02-14, 21:55
Oh Dave, we have all been there more times than we can count. You have nothing to apologize for pertaining to your posts. You were I'll and honest about the way you felt. I am very glad that you are lupus free. Remember, it takes a strong person to apologize and it takes a strong person to accept and beat anxiety. You are that strong person.

KLP
27-02-14, 21:59
Glad everything is all clear and normal. Now you have to put that to rest. X

Montana2
27-02-14, 22:01
So pleased to hear your great news! Now, get out there and beat that dragon into submission. Time to start anew.

Daisy Sue
28-02-14, 00:32
Hi Dave.. I'm so happy to hear you had a clear result from the tests! Now you can concentrate on putting those worries where they belong - in the bin - and get back to working on kicking anxiety's rear end :D

AuntieMoosie
28-02-14, 01:56
That's brilliant news Dave :yesyes:

I have replied on your other thread, sorry sweetie, but I had missed this post somehow.

I agree with what you've been told Dave, I didn't know you had been assaulted, but, yes post traumatic stress sounds like it's likely.

I hope that you are able to get lots of help, so that you are freed of this, and are able to go and live your life and enjoy it.

Best wishes and good luck sweetie :)

GlassPinata
28-02-14, 03:10
Glad you are okay.
It's so nice when there's a test that can give you a definitive yes or no answer.
To a hypochondriac like me, the "watch and wait" approach to symptoms is intolerable. I love it when there is a test (especially when it proves negative!)

Is lupus common in men?
I always thought it was a female disease.

TooMuchToLiveFor
28-02-14, 03:15
Ah, Dave, sooooo glad to read your post! I wasn't expecting you to get a lupus diagnosis, but am so glad that you have your results so that you can truly start moving toward recovery! Yay!
In fact, I think that this ordeal may actually propel you forward greatly in being able to accept the anxiety diagnosis- and therefore treat it with ferocious intensity!
I also have great respect for your humility in offering an apology…..I don't know that it was needed, in my opinion, but it shows great character on your behalf!
We're here to battle the dragon along side of you! You can do this!!!

anxious_thoughts
28-02-14, 03:19
So happy for you, David. Now that you have this out of the way you can now focus and continue to the road of recovery. :)

Good luck! x

Althea
28-02-14, 03:25
Is lupus common in men?

It's not really common in anybody, but it is rarer in men--estimated at 10% or so of overall lupus numbers, but it's hard to pin down.

Glad you are okay.
It's so nice when there's a test that can give you a definitive yes or no answer.

What's really nice about a negative ANA is that since it's testing for autoimmune antibodies, it's a definitive no on several illnesses at once. Lots of health for the price of one :)!

mrdave92
28-02-14, 09:12
Thank you so much for the encouraging replies and support everyone, I feel quite emotional reading them and seeing how many wonderful people are offering their support, prayers and advice. It's a long road ahead but I'm so glad this was ruled out, I really was in a meltdown convinced that I had lupus.

The doctor thinks that Trazodone could be causing a lot of my fatigue and aches as it's a sleeping type pill so I'm tapering off that and probably going to start another med in the near future. My grandfather suffered from Fibromyalgia and the doctor mentioned I may have a touch of it too as it can cause a similar type of facial rash.

I'm still not feeling great but I'm resting up and the future looks a lot brighter than it did this time last week. Will I have posts in the future seeking help and advice? yes, i'd be lying if I said no. Will I have another lupus-like breakdown? I really hope not but with HA you just can't tell. All I know is that this is a wonderful board full of great people and I don't know where I'd be without it. Thank you so much once again. xx

Dexterjames
28-02-14, 10:01
Great stuff Dave it is very common that some medication is not wright for everybody.
Good to hear your feeling better :)

scared_ter
28-02-14, 11:21
Thank you so much for the encouraging replies and support everyone, I feel quite emotional reading them and seeing how many wonderful people are offering their support, prayers and advice. It's a long road ahead but I'm so glad this was ruled out, I really was in a meltdown convinced that I had lupus.

The doctor thinks that Trazodone could be causing a lot of my fatigue and aches as it's a sleeping type pill so I'm tapering off that and probably going to start another med in the near future. My grandfather suffered from Fibromyalgia and the doctor mentioned I may have a touch of it too as it can cause a similar type of facial rash.

I'm still not feeling great but I'm resting up and the future looks a lot brighter than it did this time last week. Will I have posts in the future seeking help and advice? yes, i'd be lying if I said no. Will I have another lupus-like breakdown? I really hope not but with HA you just can't tell. All I know is that this is a wonderful board full of great people and I don't know where I'd be without it. Thank you so much once again. xx

Nice words Dave. Delighted you got good news with your tests. I wish you all the best in your battle, I can empathise entirely with what you've been true.
Be good to yourself.

Andrash
28-02-14, 12:39
Time for me to start looking forward to that 100 quid eh Dave? :)

Glad to hear about your lack of lupus diagnosis!

anthrokid
28-02-14, 22:12
Really fantastic news to hear that you're all clear in the Lupus department! It takes a very good person to make an open apology on a public forum, and I congratulate you for that also. I think we've all been in a situation before where our anxiety has consumed us beyond reason. You are not alone in that, nor are you alone now in your recovery :)

Keep us updated re: your progress with tapering off the Trazodone. Hopefully that will make at least some difference in the pain and fatigues you've been suffering from. Also really interesting to hear about your grandfather suffering from fibromyalgia. I am actually a sufferer myself, and only found out my grandmother also is quite recently. It is quite common for fibro to coincide with anxiety and chronic fatigue, so this may be a reasonable option for you and your doctor to explore further.

Again, very pleased to hear that Lupus is now out of the picture and you can start moving forward in your recovery. And, as I said, please keep us updated :)

nomorepanic
28-02-14, 22:20
I am really glad you are ok - never thought you had it in the first place anyway but please do not threaten to take your own life again as that is what annoyed me the most.

Lilharry
01-03-14, 11:09
Have you considered candida to be a cause of your symptoms? I have had very similar symptoms to you and I went through a terribly anxious time with doctors and waiting for diagnoses. The more anxious I got the worse my symptoms got too. It wasn't until I saw a holistic doctor that candida was suggested as a cause. I am now being treated by my doctor and a naturopath and I have seen real progress. Also, things like meditation and yoga are great for it too. I have officially been diagnosed with chronic fatigue, but that's just a cover-all term that fits my symptoms. I believe candida is the real cause. Probiotics have helped a lot as well as changing my diet - no sugar and no wheat. It's been a rocky journey but I feel a million times better and my anxiety is so much better. I don't worry about having deadly diseases anymore because I feel so much more in control of my body.

mrdave92
01-03-14, 13:01
I haven't. I still feel really ill and I'm not sure what it is. I have terrible joint pain, fatigue and muscle aches everywhere, I'm full of painkillers. Not sure what's causing all of this but I'm trying to remain calm and accept stress is a big contributor although I'm not sure it can cause all these symptoms

Dexterjames
01-03-14, 13:30
I haven't. I still feel really ill and I'm not sure what it is. I have terrible joint pain, fatigue and muscle aches everywhere, I'm full of painkillers. Not sure what's causing all of this but I'm trying to remain calm and accept stress is a big contributor although I'm not sure it can cause all these symptoms

Yes it can check this story out this guy suffered for years had so many tests.

http://www.easternanxietyandstress.com/my-story.htm

Amazing story

yenool
01-03-14, 13:42

I don't want to sound patronising here but are you sure it is joint pain? What pain killers are you on?

I have chronic pain, fatigue, etc and for years I would describe it as 'joint pain' but my tests were normal. It was only after I was diagnosed with a muscular pain condition that I started to read up about the different types of pain and I realised my pain pattern is actually more muscular in nature. - Which explains why it is so much worse when I get tense!

Your doctor has already mentioned fibromyalgia as a possibility? Maybe you should ask how likely this is because it is known that patients with fibromyalgia do not always respond well to normal painkillers (but there are other treatments) and it is aggravated by stress, anxiety and depression. People with fibro often describe their pain as joint pain, even though doctors generally believe it is caused by over-active/hypersensitive nerves and muscular dysfunction.

I think others have already mentioned the fact that sometimes doctors cannot explain everything with tests, scans, etc. They can rule out many things like lupus but they cannot test for things like chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, myofascial pain syndrome, etc. All those things are diagnosed on history/symptoms as no one fully understands the root cause yet.

TBH I think your main issue is anxiety causing these physical symptoms but if your pain is causing this much of an issue you should really be asking your doctor for pain management options.

mrdave92
01-03-14, 18:38
Thanks for the link and advice.

My stress levels have been through the roof the last week or 2 so I don't doubt that a lot of this is to do with that but it's still strange. The pains are sudden and sharp they affect all over my body even in my abdomen and neck it's strange, I've also been twitching everywhere and feel unsteady on my feet. The rash is quite bad I'm still not sure what could be causing it. Ibuprofen is helping but it's not completely eradicating the pain. Sometimes I even get stinging pains in my fingertips that feel like I've been stung by a wasp, bizarre.

I'm trying my best to forget about lupus completely, it's annoying as there are stats saying people can still have lupus with normal blood work in rare cases and being a HA sufferer I obviously fear I'll be one of the unlucky few but I've had all kinds of blood tests, urine tests, chest x ray, heart echiocardegram so if the pains I get in my chest for example were anything sinister a chest x ray would have shown it.

Yenool- it feels like joint pain or the tendons, muscle that surrounds the joints anyway but the sharp pains can be literally anywhere on my body even in my ear, they're particularly painful in my left knee and right foot. My MS fears are there again today as I'm very fatigued and off balance along with the pain but I'm trying to relax

Dexterjames
01-03-14, 19:42
I had lots of joint pain for 2 weeks it calmed down a bit now.
You on any other medication Dave?

mrdave92
01-03-14, 21:01
No I just take Trazodone but I've reduced to 50mg and I'm trying to come off it. My legs feel very heavy, twitchy and ache. The sharp pains happen anywhere and everywhere, do your joint pains fleet around the body? I've read fibromyalgia can produce a malar rash similar to the one associated with lupus.

Dexterjames
01-03-14, 22:17
No I just take Trazodone but I've reduced to 50mg and I'm trying to come off it. My legs feel very heavy, twitchy and ache. The sharp pains happen anywhere and everywhere, do your joint pains fleet around the body? I've read fibromyalgia can produce a malar rash similar to the one associated with lupus.

Yes they do lower back ankles wrists fingers hips shoulders back knees neck you get the picture ,Like today my ankles ache and lower back ,some days every where but the pain has slightly gone but was sharp at times i have had a rash as well on my face that's why i got worried when i read your post my forehead looked terrible so did one side of my face but its gone back to normal took a few days comes and goes i asked my doctor about fibromyalgia she said is more common in women rare in men.She said i have to many symptoms and 50% of them do not relate to fibromyalgia only anxiety disorder.I am like you in pain and confused trying my best to get my head round stuff thinking i must have something wrong, It must be HA but like many of us i will be searching for answers until i get my mental state in control.

mrdave92
02-03-14, 00:12
I'm very worried tonight the rash is back and quite bad plus I've been reading that the blood work I've had done is unreliable and it can take a long time for lupus sufferers to get the blood work needed for a diagnosis. My joints are in a whole lot of pain

anthrokid
02-03-14, 00:20
It's NOT lupus. Stop searching for it online. Honestly your symptoms really do sound a lot more like fibromyalgia than Lupus.

mrdave92
02-03-14, 00:29
It's just the facial rash I don't understand.

Dexterjames
02-03-14, 00:33
I'm very worried tonight the rash is back and quite bad plus I've been reading that the blood work I've had done is unreliable and it can take a long time for lupus sufferers to get the blood work needed for a diagnosis. My joints are in a whole lot of pain
I would stop reading stuff especially on Google this sent me crazy i have learned over the last month not to Google and watch or listen to negative things i kept getting panic attacks.What good does it do?
See your doctor again have a chat.I would be very happy with them blood results.

mrdave92
02-03-14, 00:50
It's difficult when there's still the face rash and all the joint pain. A lot of people are aaying it's common for the bloods to be fine. I don't know I'm trying my best it's just difficult to accept everything, the rash is what worries me most

Dexterjames
02-03-14, 01:24
See your doctor again and wait until you finish withdrawing from the medication i have had lots of side effects from meds even hives.
Mention that as well as your other issues when you see doctor.

I think i private messaged you before i sent that message to wrong person sorry about that,I was looking into trigger points and why some people cant cope well with incidents that happen and the emotional effect it has on them and there health can play a big factor.I have been sent to a psychiatrist now i heard there methods of retraining the brain to deal with the difficult times in life work very well.
Lots of problems occurred before i got in this state what i think triggered my issues.

Phuzella
02-03-14, 07:35
Dave, I find the skin can suffer an awful lot during times of intense stress.
Three years ago, I was covered from head to foot in a rash, I was even admitted to hospital,it was that bad. The stress I was under at the time was horrific. The rash was never given a name, apart from stress induced excema. When things got less hectic, it gradually cleared up.
I Don't know what's causing your rash and joint pains but i do know that your mental state is not helping.
Try to get out for some air today, try to forget the rash etc for just a few minutes. Maybe it won't help, but maybe it will. Try Dave:)

mrdave92
02-03-14, 09:10
I'm trying my best I just think that the rash is so prominent that it's lupus related. I'm trying to find information about fibromyalgia and whether this can include a facial rash. I'm guessing the doctor will have to repeat my blood tests at some point in the future or a dermatologist might have up perform a biopsy of my facial rash

yenool
02-03-14, 13:09
I'm trying my best I just think that the rash is so prominent that it's lupus related. I'm trying to find information about fibromyalgia and whether this can include a facial rash. I'm guessing the doctor will have to repeat my blood tests at some point in the future or a dermatologist might have up perform a biopsy of my facial rash

They have ruled up Lupus beyond all reasonable doubt.

Have you considered rosacea? There are loads of skin conditions that can cause redness / a rash.

pixar1982
02-03-14, 13:26
Dexterjames- Great link! Shocking how many symptoms anxiety can cause! I've saved it in bookmarks as pretty much all those apply to me and when I'm having a freak out I can re read it ;)

Dave92- There is a good thread here about the 'wasp sting' sensations. I've started getting those (feels like being stabbed with a pin) so searched the forum and found this old thread if helpful

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=98401

Dexterjames
02-03-14, 14:42
Thanks pixar1982 it helps me as well :)

mrdave92
02-03-14, 15:47
I think I may have jumped the gun and got Carried away with my blood results as I've read so many cases that people's bloods are fine and the bloods often take a while to catch up with the symptoms. I'm going to try and see a dermatologist about the rash but I don't understand the joint pain and extreme fatigue

LucyR
02-03-14, 15:55
Could it be caused by spending too much time on your computer?

mrdave92
02-03-14, 16:10
I rarely go on my computer I use my phone and I don't use it anymore than any of my friends. I don't think a rash and joint pain would be caused by spending time on a computer

LucyR
02-03-14, 16:14
Not the rash no.

mrdave92
03-03-14, 01:16
My doctor has referred me to a Rheumatologist as she said the rash is suspicious and lupus can still be present without a positive ANA. I think my relief may be short lived. The rash is really prominent and is concerning her as bloods show I don't have a virus or infection causing it

mrdave92
05-03-14, 23:25
The rash pre exists the trazodone though. My fatigue is awful at the minute, I'm Sleeping about 15 hours a day and still exhausted. The doctor said that the blood work can take a long time to catch up with the symptoms of lupus and a rheumatologist can make a diagnosis without the blood work being positive on the assumption that in the future it will fit the lupus criteria. I'm so annoyed with myself as I've read that stress can trigger lupus I have friends who've had stress and had shingles, hair fall out etc. I just don't understand why this is happening to me. I see the rheumatologist Saturday morning

Althea
06-03-14, 00:00
Dexterjames, rheumatologists deal with autoimmune disease processes in general; lupus is just one of them. So they're a logical place to go with unexplained joint pain in general, and because of the rash it makes sense to have somebody who really knows lupus to rule it out.

Good luck to you on Saturday, Dave. I'm sorry you're still feeling miserable, though you still sound better than you were at your panic peak. There's no real why behind some people getting sick one way and others another while others don't get sick at all--very few diseases are simple cause and effect anyway--we all just have to deal with what we got handed. I hope you'll feel better soon.

cpe1978
07-03-14, 11:06
I have resisted the temptation to post on this thread Dave, but you are clearly in significant distress. I can confirm two things from my experience:

1) Meds did crazy things to me both starting and withdrawing from them. I believe that they completely have their place and in honesty probably saved me, but dont underestimate how they can create physical symptoms.

2) When I first got bad anxiety, i literally for months had the most awful joint aches. Eventually I decided to book in for a deep tissue massage and got a couple of days pain free. I tried again and found the same. Over time i think that convinced me that this symptom was anxiety and it started to reduce and now has virtually gone. I now go for the massage because it is just spectacularly good and makes my body feel reenergised!