PDA

View Full Version : Please guys, I need your support

IrishLondon
27-02-14, 22:56
Hi everyone,

I'm going through quite a tough time and I just need some support and advice on whether what I'm going through is anxiety or something else.

For the last 6 months, I've been experiencing a lot of different symptoms. It seems that as soon as I get over one symptom then another comes along to take its place.

At the moment, the symptom which is causing me a lot of distress is a burning mouth. It's there all the time and is really affecting my ability to sleep.

For the last 6 months, I've also had the other symptoms at one time or another…diarrhoea, constipation, indigestion, hypersensitive hearing, prickly burning skin, waking up with palpitations, feeling as if i'm choking when falling asleep.

I've had various tests over the past 6 months including blood tests, endoscopy etc. And most of the symptoms have dissipated except for this really distressing burning mouth.

With all these symptoms, does this sound like anxiety to any of you? I just seem to freak you and have got myself into a very dark place right now.

Thanks for your help
Conor

Serenity1990
27-02-14, 23:50
I've got all of those. I'm having trouble accepting it's anxiety too, but so many on here have similar symptoms.

IrishLondon
28-02-14, 00:12
Thanks for responding. It helps to know others experience the same. I sometimes I feel I'm going mad with all these symptoms!!

Daisy Sue
28-02-14, 00:15
I'd say a lot of those symptoms were due to heightened anxiety... I know I sometimes feel I'm lurching from one symptom to another. It also sounds to me like you might have a bit of acid reflux going on (which I'm sure you've considered, as you've been for an endoscopy). If the docs didn't recommend anything, maybe try an over the counter ant-acid like Gaviscon for a few days & see if things improve?

pogg
28-02-14, 00:20
I have had a lot of the same symptoms I think I have one under control and another one takes its place I think its anxiety letting us know its still there the more we think about it the worse it gets. I know how hard it is not to think about it but I have had good days if I but my mind on something else hope this helps

IrishLondon
28-02-14, 01:51
Thank you all for your replies,

I just find i'm in floods of tears all the time these days. Just have this intense fear and then I break down into tears. I hate feeling like this so much. But so glad I have this place to come to.

IrishLondon
28-02-14, 11:22
Another night without any sleep at all….i'm on leave this week...just don't know how i'm going to cope when i return to work on Monday.