PDA

View Full Version : Ever feel like you're going to "lose it" and go INSANE?

Wintear
27-02-14, 23:40
Before I begin, I apologize for posting twice today as I know some may recognize this as spam or at least bordering spam...I just didn't know whether or not to incorporate this into any of my other posts. So sorry!

But, have any of you guys been so stressed, so anxious, and so panicky that you came face to face with your personal breaking point? Seriously, I feel SO on edge and jumpy as of late. I'm almost always in a foul mood and I'll snap (not on purpose as I feel downright terrible about it afterwards..) at those around me such as family members or friends. For example, yesterday morning I was completely overtaken by this strangling fear and anxiety because my dentist appointment had to be pushed back further in the week due to me getting a late start to the day. (This was fault of my own so I became very upset, disappointed, and displeased with myself..) This anxiety quickly turned into a palpable anger. The frustration kept building and building inside of me. I couldn't take it anymore and so I "screamed" silently to myself and ended up punching the wall beside of my computer desk with all of my force. About a half hour later, I had somewhat regrouped and realized what I had done. I was genuinely afraid of myself at that point. Such a nasty mood and unstable temper. Outbursts like those are extremely rare for me, so I don't understand. That's not the real me, ya'know? I'm generally a happy-go-lucky fella always smiling and doing my best to aid others in their struggles.

It's like I've been consumed by so much anxiousness that I'm becoming more and more bitter as the days go by. "My descent into total madness" as I have dubbed it...

During these episodes, my Mind either goes blank or begins to race a mile a minute. I can't seem to control it and get a grip, so this in turn makes me even more on-edge and panicky. Intrusive thoughts can trigger these cycles and I've been battling those for quite some time, too. They're vicious lately.

I've constructed a bit of an "evolution" scale. It goes like this :

Anxiety/Panic - Anguish/Despair - Isolation/Depression

That's typically how it goes for me. By the end of it all, I'm deeply depressed to the point where I shut out the entire World and lose all hope of recovery. The energy I emit becomes very dark and negative. All in all, I fear the most that one day, I'm not going to be able to contain all of this pressure and eventually lose my Mind over it. I envision myself being charted off to some insane asylum or closed-in hospital room where I'm constantly being monitored by doctors and therapists because I'm a danger to myself or others. I don't want that. I can't believe that to be me someday...

Have you guys ever been through an ordeal like this in the past? If so, would you mind sharing your symptoms/stories? How'd you overcome it? How long of a process was it?

Thank you all and be well.....

Fishmanpa
28-02-14, 00:11
Hi Wintear,

Are you currently in therapy? I've seen others post similar things and it appears you're getting pretty caught up in a cycle that you can't break out of. If you're not currently in therapy, it may be wise to speak with your GP and get a referral. You need to put a stop to this seemingly endless cycle or at least slow it down a bit before it reaches a manic scale. It's obviously causing you distress. On the positive side, you're quite aware of what's happening so that's a good thing.

As far as healing, everyone is different. There are many factors to consider but first you have to gauge your current position and a professional is where I believe you would need to start to gain an assessment.

Positive thoughts

PanchoGoz
28-02-14, 12:45
CERTAINLY not spam! Just wanted to say. Fear not. Welcome to the journey.

SarahH
28-02-14, 20:15
I have been in exactly the same state of fear........ last March. Trust me when I say this is a classic symptom of "anxiety"..... please go and see your GP and explain your feelings. You are NOT going mad or "losing your mind"... it is an illness which you can overcome. The fact that you recognise it tells me that can deal with this now.

Sarah

WhyWhyWhy
01-03-14, 00:19
I can relate. Around 5/6 weeks ago I felt like this. My anxiety was at a 10

At the moment I'm in an 'ok' place anxiety is around a 4/5 but back at that time I was totally consumed with myself and truly thought I was bordering nearly entering insanity. I was waiting to lose it. Certainly not spam x

---------- Post added at 00:19 ---------- Previous post was at 00:17 ----------

Reading claire weekes self help for your nerves.

I'm ashamed to say that I've seen this recommended so many times and I've almost shrugged it off as 'how much can a book really help' but it is! It's my own little bible at the minute xx

trish1955
01-03-14, 09:34
Hi I am kinda in the same frame of mind I feel so angry about myself being g anxious panicky and my agoraphobia as gotten so bad I can not even go round to my daughters next door my panic as been bad through bad thoughts of flipping and hurting my loved ones or something it makes me feel sick with fear I wrote a thread a few days ago asking is it anger or am I going mad I have been a suffer forty yes mine was wen I was12yr old became afraid of dying now 58 over the yrs it lifted from time to time never really having gone but I was able to live a better life than I am now I am in a bad place right now and feel like its never going to lift at all take care x

Annie0904
01-03-14, 10:04
I have been the same and I said to my doctor that I was going mad. He said "no you are not mad you are ill. It will go, I am in a much better place now but like any illness it takes time to heal. Therapy helped me a lot. Don't dwell on negatives and praise yourself for every little positive.