PDA

View Full Version : Back problems/stomach

violet33
27-02-14, 23:51
I have a condition of which I cannot remember the name , but if strains back too much with walking too much or carrying weight for too long, I get abdominal distress, NOT PAIN. At times a queasiness . The dr told me there is a major nerve near spine that feeds directly into stomach , so that a strain on back can cause my symptoms. I don't know if anyone has heard of this but lately I've been having mild back issues, leading to this abdominal problem . It's not back injury but too much exertion with back that brings this on. I have ibs & sensitive stomach besides which compounds this & then I begin getting horribly anxious , fearing some life threatening condition. I try not to catastrophize but the anxiety & panic make it hard not to . If anyone has any feedback on this, it would be appreciated. & helpful. Thank You !

Althea
28-02-14, 03:08
So it sounds like you might be talking about chronic abdominal wall or nerve entrapment syndrome? That's a frustrating one, so I can understand why you'd get fed up! From what I can see, however, it's not linked to anything dangerous, and if your version isn't painful you're ahead of the game right there. But still, so frustrating, especially when a nice walk is so good for mitigating anxiety and IBS!

I know that a cortisone shot has helped some people with this, but I think the fact that you're posting here suggests that you might find some mindfulness/CBT approaches helpful as well to focus through it rather than at it. Are you getting any help in that area?

violet33
28-02-14, 04:28
CBT for this ? No I'm not. I'm sure that would help as CBT relates to behavior. Thank You for responding.