PDA

View Full Version : BP when ill?

RVP
28-02-14, 00:00
I've got to do a weeks BP reading for my Dr and I've been feeling under the weather since last night, sore throat, heavy eye lids ect.. and I was wondering when you're not feeling well does your BP rise?
because it's been quite high today.. this morning I took it and it was..128/84 which is fine but then I've been then I've been taking it tonight and the second number hasn't dropped below 90.. I've done it twice with two reading with 130/96 80HR sat at the PC.

---------- Post added 28-02-14 at 00:00 ---------- Previous post was 27-02-14 at 23:58 ----------

Should I just stop taking it now? I just tried it again and it was 152/103 87HR

Fishmanpa
28-02-14, 00:16
Give it a rest RVP,

You're thinking about it and it's jacking you up. You're fine and yes, feeling ill can cause your BP to go up a bit. Get a good night's rest and try again in the morning :)

Positive thoughts

RVP
28-02-14, 00:26
Hi Fish, I am going to stop now. I knew I made a mistake when I said I'll take my readings for a week..Should have just had the 24hr monitor straight away.

Oh and I forgot to add I had something little to eat at around 11ish too, chickpeas with potato, only a small bowls worth, could that have effected it too?

Fishmanpa
28-02-14, 00:43
No clue about the food affecting it... although eating late isn't the best thing for you anyway but you know that.

Positive thoughts