PDA

View Full Version : Intrusive thoughts and paranoia.

Haruka
28-02-14, 06:21
Usually I am pretty fine when it comes to intrusive thoughts. They come and go. But for some reason, every once in a while, they get really bad and I can't help but dwell on them and get super anxious. But, it's even worse right now because I am dealing with the severe fear that someone can read my mind.

They are really wrong sexual thoughts that make me uncomfortable, and it just makes it worse that I am terrified that my thoughts can be read.

Does anyone else have this fear? Any tips for getting through it?

Charlie38
28-02-14, 10:03
Hi,

I get this too, especially when in a really inappropriate situation, like when I see my Psych and other professionals, or if someone is nice to me my head will say something really nasty - the complete opposite to what I am thinking. After knowing my Psych about a year I asked him if he could read my mind, obviously he said no.

The way I deal with it is either telling the thought to 'go away' (maybe not so politely!) or completely ignore it. The more you let these intrusive thoughts bother you the more they come, if you see it like an 'internal' bully that constantly says horrible things, rationale (and possibly experience of being bullied at school etc) kicks in and you know that if a bully gets no reaction it stops?

I promise you that no one can read your mind...whether a professional or a family member/friend would show some kind of response if they could, they couldn't help not to, so it's fact over fiction.

Think of ignoring a bully and that bully getting no reaction from you, they get bored trying, that's how I found the best way to deal with it.

trish1955
28-02-14, 10:16
This is one of the worst fears of I have mine are no sexuel mine are more wat if I flip and hurt some one in my home the thought really makes me panic and really anxious it seems to only be bad wen my son or husband are going out and I am home with my 19yr old daughter and grandson I get shaky and then I rember the thoughts of hurting them xxx