PDA

View Full Version : Crying; because it's unfair.

Spacedextra
28-02-14, 07:39
Morning all,

Not going to post about my symptoms again, they're actually not awful. It's just my worry that makes them even worse.

But I just started flicking through threads on here and was in floods of tears. So many of us are out there, all over the world, suffering with this affliction/illness/malady that is called health anxiety. So many of us come here for friendship and reassurance and comfort. So many of us are suffering alone day to day, scared and upset. And it's such a hard cycle to break. And my heart wept for every one of you this morning. It's unfair. Why can't we live our lives like all the other people we see, free from worry. That bloody word. Worry. It's a disease, I swear it is.

Anyway, you're all in my thoughts. We'll never meet, but it doesn't mean we don't feel for each other. Or cry for each other.

Now on with my anxiety filled day!

june
28-02-14, 08:26
thank you for such a thoughtful post.
I have GAD and health anxiety - I often 'know' that the symptom is hamless but my brain just excalates into fear.
As you say it is the worry and really no one but a doctor can ease that worry. That starts a guilt feeling because you are bothering the doctor again and that sets up a new worry......... it is a dreadful circle to be treading all the time.
My doctors are very good but one of them in the practice keeps wanting me to take meds - she will not understand my fear of this as i had such awfull experiences years ago . So the worry goes on and on then explodes into panic:weep:

Leslie735
28-02-14, 16:34
What a sweet post, thank you!! :hugs:

anthrokid
28-02-14, 22:20
Such a beautiful post. I think everyone here will appreciate your thoughts, tears and kind words more than you know. <3

rebeccad
01-03-14, 09:14
:hugs: