PDA

View Full Version : OK I'm accepting it's all anxiety but one thing...

Serenity1990
28-02-14, 10:12
I've started reading Claire Weekes' book, and it had really helped me. I'm beginning to accept my symptoms are caused by anxiety, apart from one thing.

I've been getting pains in my ring and pinky fingers, which was actually happening months before all this started. When there isn't pain, it's a weird sensation, almost like the restless let syndrome sensation (sorry that's the only way I can describe it).

When I move my fingers this goes all the way up my arm. Similarly if I move my toes on my right foot I get the same thing all the way up my leg, and sometimes in my left hand too.

It's such a difficult thing to describe, has anyone else has similar experiences at all?

Thanks for any replies. :)

greggs92
28-02-14, 10:28
yeah I've experienced it before, It's just nerve impulses in your arm - mine went when my overcame my anxiety. Nothing harmless :)

Dexterjames
28-02-14, 10:29
Hi there i hope i can accept soon :(

The pains and feelings you are getting in fingers are what i have been experiencing in the last 2 weeks it freaked me out i thought i must have arthritis but it is as you described.

Serenity1990
28-02-14, 10:37
Glad to hear im not alone here. The Dr prescribed me amitripaline for nerve pain, doesn't seem to be doing anything but make me drowsy in the morning. :(

RoseEve
28-02-14, 10:43
I get this too sometimes I don't know what it is but those two fingers are connected to the same nerves. Sometimes those nerves get trapped in the wrist for a while. It will go away it's not serious :)

Serenity1990
28-02-14, 11:13
I get this too sometimes I don't know what it is but those two fingers are connected to the same nerves. Sometimes those nerves get trapped in the wrist for a while. It will go away it's not serious :)

Thanks for the reply, I had in fact assumed it was cubical tunnel for some time, but having that in both arms is not too common, and there's no cubical tunnel in my right leg! But I do agree, it is something to do with those nerves.

claireypoo
28-02-14, 13:53
I get this in both my hands too! Mine is definitely related to sleeping with my elbows very bent, and then having my elbows bent all day (pc/phone). I tried sleeping with my arms straight, but I kept bending them. (hard to do!) It is supposed to help to straighten arms out as much as possible. X