PDA

View Full Version : Need new head

Dexterjames
28-02-14, 13:45
Been suffering numbness and tightness in scalp for a long while now it has been mentioned that i might have TMJ caused by anxiety a few members said on here that could be possibility, Phoned my doctor shes going to phone me like she usually does i will rant about it to her.

BUT never had jaw problems in my life not since i got myself in this state
Now my jaw both sides is aching like crazy its driving me potty :wacko:

I am thinking now my head numbness tightness like it has been anesthetized because of all this teeth clenching,I don't notice i am doing it but now waking with jaw ache and tension headache as well on 1 side.

Any 1 got a new head going or any thing i can try to get some relief. :shrug:

LunaLiuna
28-02-14, 13:54
I don't know anywhere that sells new heads unfortunately, let me know if you find one though!

The dentist can give you a guard if they find that your grinding. Other than that rub your jaw with something warm, it'll release the tension and soothe the pain.

Dexterjames
28-02-14, 13:57
I don't know anywhere that sells new heads unfortunately, let me know if you find one though!

The dentist can give you a guard if they find that your grinding. Other than that rub your jaw with something warm, it'll release the tension and soothe the pain.
Its been getting worse the last week or so i will give that a shot now.
Going to ring dentist as well :)

claireypoo
28-02-14, 16:55
I had TMJ so badly when I first had anxiety in 2005. I posted on it a lot and it bothered me. I clench at night and I wake up with saw jaws, but the one side was always worse and would click and get stuck, also I feel tingling from the facial nerves on that side of my face. So annoying! To help it I would walk and breathe through my mouth (attractive!) and stick my tongue between my teeth. This relaxes the jaw and helps pain. :)

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

SORE jaws. (doh)

Dexterjames
28-02-14, 17:02
I have been doing that tongue thing wife says what are you now a lizard.

SarahH
28-02-14, 17:04
If you have a tooth slightly out of line on your bite on one side (as I have) one side of your face will hurt more than the other (as mine does). I clench in the night and wake up with jaw, head and neck pain on one side.

Sarah

Dexterjames
28-02-14, 21:30
If you have a tooth slightly out of line on your bite on one side (as I have) one side of your face will hurt more than the other (as mine does). I clench in the night and wake up with jaw, head and neck pain on one side.

Sarah
Yes 2 teeth missing back left side right side hurts more never had problem before i reckon the anxiety is making me grit teeth :weep:

SarahH
28-02-14, 21:33
Well I am guessing that too dexter:)...Get a dentist to check your "bite".

Sarah

Dexterjames
28-02-14, 21:35
Well I am guessing that too dexter:)...Get a dentist to check your "bite".

Sarah

Yes going monday asking to up dose on my Pregabalin as well does not seem to work :(

SarahH
28-02-14, 21:50
Ah yes! Now that explain a lot more!!!. Perhaps upping the dose of pregabalin will reduce the jaw clenching ........mine only started again recently when I started taking Citalopram again.... and jaw clenching is a listed side effect of Citalopram.

If you are still on 100mgs of Pregabalin then a higher dose would be wise (as stated on the other thread)

sarah