PDA

View Full Version : I'm back with my dizzy zaps :(

fedup36
28-02-14, 15:45
Hi All,

Well therapy is going well and in general I'm feeling lots better :)
However I'm rather stressed at the moment with work and I've been working at the NEC all week which does set my anxiety off..

Now my zaps seem to be back and i just don't know if this is anxiety.. I'm convinced its something more...

I will be stood there talking to someone and suddenly I feel like I'm falling to one side and like I'm not with it... My ears go a bit funny to... I feel like someone's got my head and shifts it downwards...

It's the most awful sensation and scares me so much... I have no idea what it could be :(

Phuzella
28-02-14, 15:46
Have you had your ears checked?

HoneyLove
28-02-14, 18:01
Fedup I don't know why you say you've no idea what it could be when you've been given a diagnosis? You should try chatting with the people on the mvertigo forum, or any of the migraine associated vertigo/vestibular migraine facebook pages to ask if they have similar experiences, I think you'll find a lot of people with the same issue.

fedup36
28-02-14, 20:46
Hi Honey love... I have spoken to them and they don't have anything that similar... These spells appear from no where with no other migraine symptom...

HoneyLove
28-02-14, 21:36
That's weird because I've seen people describe very similar feelings, often calling them dizzy turns or spells. Getting suddenly dizzy is something I've experienced myself, and have spoken to my dizzy friends about. I personally feel it's connected to neck and jaw tension that's triggered by different things, when there's less muscle tension there are less sudden dizzy spells. Sometimes it has a visual trigger if I'm in a busy environment.

I think you should do some more reading on it, you'll learn that symptoms of migraine don't have to come together, especially if it's chronic, any symptom can happen at any stage. In particular this seems to apply to VM, often the only symptom is dizziness. You could also read up on the effects of muscle tension, especially tmj.

Your doctors have checked you out thoroughly, I'm not sure what else you feel may be wrong but not being able to trust them is definitely something you should discuss in your therapy sessions.

anxious_thoughts
01-03-14, 05:25
Hi fedup, I get the exact same thing!! Really bothers me and sets my anxiety high. But just like honeylove said about TMJ...I also have tons of tmj symptoms so I wonder if they're all related somehow

LilyPad1991
01-03-14, 12:42
I find I can think myself into dizziness, I get that anxious. Also, prior to my initial diagnosis of GAD and depressioni saw an ENT consultant because my main symptom which really bothered me was dizziness. He told me about a condition called Tonic Tensor Tympani Syndrome. I've put a link to a useful website regarding that condition. This consultant told me that this syndrome is surprisingly common in people with anxiety conditions.

http://tinnitus.org/Tensor%20tympani%20syndrome_Klochoff.pdf

Hope this is of some use to you. X

fedup36
02-03-14, 08:25
Thank you for the article... A very interesting read and really applies to me!!
Looks like I need to eliminate stress... The interesting thing is this has all happened when I have something go wrong in my job I get the funny turn.. So it's definitely affected by stress...
I think I just need to get on with it and hopefully things will slowly improve :)