PDA

View Full Version : vivid dreams from anxiety

pogg
28-02-14, 18:49
does anyone have vivid dreams all night this has been going on for over months. then when I wake up and feel so out of it and almost in a fog that will last for hours. doctors say its from anxiety. this is making my anxiety so much worse and bad brain fog is there anything I can do to make my sleeping better

almamatters
28-02-14, 19:11
When I am feeling very anxious I get vivid and unsettling dreams. I went through a phase last year where I was dreaming every night and the following morning could remember every detail which was horrible to be honest. I used to wake up feeling worn out and emotionally drained and my GP also said it was due to how anxious I was feeling at that time. My sleeping improved once my anxiety improved . Is your doctor treating you for anxiety?

pogg
28-02-14, 19:21
yes but I am unable to handle anything but clonazepam don't know if that helps me much. I to can remember every dream it freaks me out and I toss and trun all night but im sleeping its so weird . I cant seem to find anything to help with my anxiety. if I could sleep better I think I would feel better

Zeitgeist
28-02-14, 20:03
It might be worth seeing if you can treat the sleep, not ideal, but you are right it is a big barrier to getting better. Mirtazapine is sedative, didn't work on my anxiety but at least got me to sleep, not sure if this is one of the ones you can't tolerate.

pogg
28-02-14, 20:41
I will have to ask my doctor for something else I think its a lot of my problem just glad to hear im not the only one it happens to thanks a lot it makes me feel better that im not the only one

anthrokid
28-02-14, 22:45
Interestingly enough, clonazepam can be known to cause vivid and lucid dreaming in some people.

ankietyjoe
01-03-14, 10:25
I also get vivid and sometimes lucid dreams with my anxiety. I don't take any medication.

I learned over time to just let the dreams go. There is literally no value in pondering them or trying to figure them out as they are meaningless.

They do pass :)