PDA

View Full Version : Is is time to really let it go ?

Gemmal
28-02-14, 19:45
Tomorrow it has been two years since I felt my first lymphnode and has symptoms" of lymphoma .

No diagnosis . I'm still alive . Is it time to let this go ?

I haven't really lived in the past two years . What a waste :(

Phuzella
28-02-14, 19:49
Yes :)

Worriedwellornot
28-02-14, 20:07
2 years. It's time to accept you are ok and get on with life x

anthrokid
28-02-14, 22:29
Definitely time to let it go :) I think you know that too, or you wouldn't be asking the question! You've had 2 years to wait for a diagnosis, if you had lymphoma you'd definitely be wasted away and in hospital by now. Time to drop the burden you've been carrying and get back out there! Good luck :) You can do it!

Gemmal
01-03-14, 01:00
Thanks you all so so much for your replies !

You are so right and fingers crossed it's slowly starting to sink in now !

this forum is a life saver :)

Lin71
01-03-14, 10:45
Hi Gemma

I've read quite a few of your posts over the months while searching through the forums as I have similar fears.

Your doctors are not worried so you shouldn't be either, I think you can move on from this and find some peace and start to enjoy life again.

Lin xx

Gemmal
01-03-14, 11:17
Hi Lin !

I know my posts are quite obsessive with this fear today I'm going to try and move on with life ! I hope you are doing good too :)

Thanks for the reply
Gemma

Fishmanpa
01-03-14, 11:25
Gemma,

What a positive post! It's my opinion that this realization is a huge turning point in your battle with the Dragon. Recognition, realization, acceptance and finally determination will be the keys in healing. No more wasted time ;)

Positive thoughts

Gemmal
01-03-14, 15:41
Thank you fishmanpa ! That means a lot and I appreciate your ongoing support for me on this forum :) !

I'm hoping this is the start of something of a permanent mind frame I have literally spent every single day for two years convincing myself I have lymphoma and what good has it done me .

Putting myself as an outsider looking in on my life I laughed at how ridiculous I got at some points . Asking every doctor and online oncologists under the sun !

Hopefully I can move on from this and really get going in life !

Thanks again

Barnabas75
01-03-14, 18:53
“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”

― C.S. Lewis (http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1069006.C_S_Lewis)

Best wishes:)

GlassPinata
01-03-14, 19:55
Yes.
The wonderful thing is that while obsess and worry, time passes.
If you'd developed symptoms of lymphoma two years ago and left it untreated, you'd very likely be dead by now. So yes, you can now be sure that you do not and never did have lymphoma.
The terrible thing is also that while we obsess and worry, time passes.
It is time we will never get back.
If you actually HAD been diagnosed with lymphoma two years ago, you might well be cured by now, and happily carrying on with your life.
Instead of lymphoma, for better or for worse, your disease is anxiety disorder.
It has stolen two years of your life.
How much more are you going to let it take from you?
I am ready to start getting better, and I wish you and everyone else on this forum the strength and courage to overcome their anxiety, as well.

Gemmal
01-03-14, 22:04
Glasspinata that has really helped me and you are completely right ! The anxiety is harder to cure and I will not let it waste my life . I'm only 23 and look back with regrets already .

Thank you for your advice and I wish you the best with your progress too