PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attack bad..Scared I might have a brain tumor

Ssquyres
28-02-14, 20:08
I have posted about other conditions I thought I had but now I am fixed on another issue. Brain Tumor...

I have been on Lexapro for a little over a month and recently for the past 4 days I have been taking a pill every other day to eventually get off them. I was taking 10 mg and then after about 3 weeks I was cutting them in half to taking 5mg and now I am just taking 5 mg every other day. But for the past 4 days I have had this headache thats not severe or mild its dull and its in 1 spot and it feels like a needle is there. It last all day nothing seems to work. I dont know if its the withdrawals from the medication or if I do have a brain tumor... I am so scared and panicking. I am not neaous or anything I can eat normally.
I am 25 and I just want to get over this crap and start living my life please help me.

SarahH
28-02-14, 20:33
Why would you come off medication after 1 month?!!!! If you are panicking and have anxiety then it would be wise to stay ON the meds and go back to your Dr.

Sarah

Ssquyres
28-02-14, 20:45
Because The whole time I was taking them i have been feeling bad and my anxiety wasnt getting better so I decided to get off them.

SarahH
28-02-14, 21:13
Going to be honest here........1 month really is not long enough for medication/side effects to help you.... you could go back to your GP and try another medication...... but I am confused as to why you think you have a brain tumour:shrug:

Ssquyres
28-02-14, 21:19
Because I have had a small headache in 1 spot that feels like a needle is there for the past 4 days now. So i got scared thinking the worse

SarahH
28-02-14, 21:26
I am not a doctor so cannot diagnose but I doubt very much you have a brain tumour.
I think you have "anxiety" which you should talk to your Dr about and perhaps discuss other medication which is more suited to you. At the same time you could tell him/her about your headache.
I know this seems like an obvious question but have you taken any pain relief?

Ssquyres
28-02-14, 21:33
I have and it doesnt do anything. So i was trying to calm down and think it is the withdrawals from the medication. but then because of my anxiety I thought the worse. But I am going to call my Doctor Monday Morning and talk with him about switching me to a different medication. I just dont want to feel like crap anymore. I want to live a normal life.

SarahH
28-02-14, 21:36
We all do:D it's a long road......... really think you did not give the meds long enough. Try doing a bit of research about all the different meds for anxiety/depression. Knowledge is power in this game........ IMHO.

Sarah