PDA

View Full Version : hi all

cartwheels
28-02-14, 20:49
hi new member here, im jason mid 40s, and have now decided to try kick my issues. for me it started around 8 years ago started getting thoughts about heart attacks etc. and now since swine flu entered my wonderfull brain i have a phobia about catching colds/flu etc. stupid i know. went to the docs last oct 2013 and told him about my fears and he subcribed me Citalopram,20mg. i still have not taken them as i have wanted to fight this without drugs. plus i still enjoy a fairly normal life so dont want to stop drinking the odd glass of wine or 2.
anyway im here now and will give the Citalopram ago come monday.

cheers jason

SarahH
28-02-14, 20:53
:welcome:

Deckardblues
01-03-14, 10:06
Jason, when you start taking the Citalopram be prepared for some side effects, all of us that have been on it, know what it feels like, and getting through those first weeks can be hell, but stick with it, and there is a lot of threads on here about Citalopram. Do read them, since i found them invaluable when i first started on it.

cartwheels
01-03-14, 12:55
thanks deckhand,is it worth taking ?? one of the resons i have not taken it is i have read so many different opinions on the matter.