PDA

View Full Version : According to David Baddiel...

seh1980
25-07-04, 17:53
Hello everyone,

I was watching Baddiel & Skinner Unplanned the other night...a guy from the audience asked them if either one of them had ever suffered from panic attacks. David Baddiel said that he used to suffer from them and that he had two ways of avoiding them when he felt one coming on. The first one was to stare at the back of your hand. He said that it allowed him to concentrate on something specific and regain his sense of concentration. The second thing he did was pinch himself. He said that this took his mind off panicking and made him concentrate on the pinching.
I don't know how useful these tips really are but hey, they're worth a try!! After all, he doesn't suffer from panic attacks anymore!!

Sarah (seh1980):D

nomorepanic
25-07-04, 18:09
Sarah

Thanks for that.

I used to wear an elastic band on my wrist and ping it when I was panicky - similar thing to pinching yourself I expect.

So maybe it does work!

Nicola

sal
25-07-04, 22:28
Hi Sarah

Good points and worth trying we have nothing to lose.

I have done that like Nic with the elastic band but had forgotted i used to do it. So at work tomorrow my first mission is to find an elastic bad!!!!!

Sal xxxxxx

Caz Fab Pants
31-07-04, 22:14
Hmmm, I'm sceptical I have to admit.

I'm imagining myself in lots of different situations and picturing how it might effect my state of mind if I was to pinch myself. Cant say it would make much difference but I could be wrong. Guess the only way to find out is to try it.

Sorry if I sound a bit negative but I had a bad one today and reacted totally wrongly to it, couldn't help myself. Think the only thing that would of solved todays problems would of been a brain transplant!!?* :(

Caroline
x