PDA

View Full Version : Am I being irrational?

KevinMcGovern1
28-02-14, 21:17
Worrying about my eyes too much led me to believe that I have melanoma in the eye. And it's worse because my bones have been hurting lately and I convinced myself the cancer has spread and I have bone cancer. Am I being irrational? I'm in such a trance and can't focus anymore I'm so afriad :weep:

SarahH
28-02-14, 21:21
You posted a similar thread earlier about this. I appreciate you are anxious about this and it is very scary for you at the moment, but the only way you can truly get the answer to this problem is to see an optician who can look into your eyes thoroughly and diagnose.
Try to stay calm tonight and go and see one tomorrow.

sarah

Fishmanpa
28-02-14, 21:29
.001% of people in the United States are diagnosed with ocular melanoma. Most are over age 55 and fair skinned.

Where does that put you ;)

Positive thoughts

anthrokid
01-03-14, 05:07
Sounds to me like you may be overthinking this. How many times had your eyes hurt sometime before HA without you worrying about melanoma? Very many I might guess :P My eyes hurt all the time from all sorts of things - being tired, reading too much, too much time staring at a bright computer screen. Check in with a local optician. It takes about 5-10 mintues for a full eye assessment. They take groovy images of your eyeballs and any form of eye disease will show up.

anxious_thoughts
01-03-14, 05:39
The way you seem to have racing thoughts about the worst possible scenerio really shows how anxious you are. I've noticed the more you worry about a symptom the worse it becomes.
I'm pretty sure that I you would really know if you had melanoma or bone cancer.

Take care