PDA

View Full Version : Thank you x

ClearBlueSky
01-03-14, 00:31
I would just like to say that reading these forums have been a God send for me. I suffer from anxiety, and am currently on 20mg of Citalopram. I have been on paroxetine previously which worked wonders for me, but as I am thinking about pregnancy after I get married in a few months, my doctor changed my medication. I was only on 10mg of Paroxetine and this was enough for me, but on Citalopram, this was clearly not enough as the horrible black cloud of anxiety hit me like a tidal wave about 10 days ago and I went to see my doctor. He increased my dose to 20mg and I have been going through the HORRENDOUS side affects associated. My anxiety went through the roof, I am sweating (especially on my palms) all day, I have no appetite, but force myself to eat, and the constant feeling of nausea is horrific. My sleep is broken and every day I wonder if it is worth continuing on this. I have patches of good feelings however, and these make me want to keep going as I remember when I started the paroxetine I had the same feelings and eventually they passed and it felt so great to finally feel like myself again. I have been reading through the threads daily and they significantly help to lower my anxiety as i realise i am not alone. At times, you feel like you are going crazy, but reading that so many others are going through the exact same symptoms makes me feel normal again. I am so grateful for the words of support and reassurance you all give eachother, and although I am fighting the daily battle of waiting for this medication to work properly for me, your words are helping me immensely.
CBS xxx

TooMuchToLiveFor
01-03-14, 05:24
Hi, CBS! :)

Remember the three famous words of those that have been on SSRIs-- STICK WITH IT!!!

You will feel better soon!

blue moon
01-03-14, 11:19
Hi,and welcome, hope you enjoy all the site has to offer

Petra x:D