PDA

View Full Version : ESA: I received an odd letter today

summer82
01-03-14, 13:07
I am on ESA with the limited capability for work component which I am grateful to receive every fortnight.
They contacted me in November 2013 to fill out the forms again so they could re look at my claim (you know the drill) I waited until feb the 20th 2014 to finally get a reply. It was a letter telling me the changes to my ESA and what my payments would be until april. It was the same money as before with a few extra pounds to account for a change in rates, which signifies that everything will carry on as it was.

Today I got a letter saying exactly this:

YOUR CLAIM FOR EMPLOYMENT AND SUPPORT ALLOWANCE.

This will be paid into xxxx account

We have paid £107.50 into the above account.

Any questions please contact blah blah

And that was it. I checked my account, and it was paid in yesterday, and this is on top of my normal ESA I only received a week ago. There were no payments to me missed so no backpay was due.

I have no idea what this is?

Does anyone know?

Has anyone else on ESA with the limited capability received this payment?

I am worried they've changed my money, but I added it up, and it doesn't amount to the standard ESA amount.

Any help, advice or insight would be greatly appreciated. I am wittering and worrying, and of course the letter came on a Saturday, so I cannot find out whats going on till Monday morning :/

LucyR
01-03-14, 14:22
Could it be money they owed you at sometime before and they have only just paid you back??

Its either that or they have mixed you up with someone else and paid you what they owe them.

summer82
01-03-14, 14:45
They do not owe me anything that I know of. I'd have noticed when a direct debit bounced lol

jill
01-03-14, 18:40
Hi hun :D

There WILL be a perfectly good explanation for this, please give them a ring.

Peace of mind goes along way.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

summer82
03-03-14, 13:47
Thank you for your replies :)

I spoke to the DWP today, it turns out they've moved me to the support group, and it was a backpay.

jill
05-03-14, 16:53
Hi hun :D

Its GREAT to hear you sorted things out...

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XX