PDA

View Full Version : Blood testing anxiety

Glasgowdude
01-03-14, 13:31
I know this is stupid but I was tested for HIV it was negative. had a really bad illness I can't get over in my head that it wasn't Hib infection symptoms. In my head in going over reasons thinking that they must be wrong what if they tested someone else's blood instead of mines. My question is do labs have safeguards to stop errors like that happening? I basically looking for reassurance as it's driving me insane and I don't wanna go retest as it took 19 days last time for it to come back and I was taring my hair out then and I don't wanna face that anxiety again especially if it's over nothing.

Do labs have safeguards to stop errors when blood testing? If so does anyone know what?

Anyone heard of labs making a mix up? Or is this just Hollywood movie scripts,I'm coming up with in my head?

Fishmanpa
01-03-14, 14:23
Yeah... that's just the Dragon messing with your head. As I've said in your other thread, based on what you described and a negative result the chances are absolutely nil you have HIV. Go kick that SOB in the face and move on from this ;)

Positive thoughts

Rennie1989
01-03-14, 16:39
Do you think it's time to start tackling the anxiety, rather then going along with these doubts?

Glasgowdude
02-03-14, 23:38
Yeah I want it away though I read that CBT is 1 day a week for 10-15 sessions, my work would be really annoyed and might not give me a new contract if I start messing them about. Is there books to self help?

Fishmanpa
02-03-14, 23:51
Check this out.... it's free

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=131665

Many here have used it and it's been quite effective. I've personally used many of the exercises and techniques to help with some depression issues and there's some general things that are just plain common sense and useful for every day life.

Positive thoughts

Abi-Skinner
03-03-14, 10:26
Did you have anxiety before your test? Or is that what you think has brought it on?

Glasgowdude
03-03-14, 23:17
Yeah as I am convinced as I have HIV even though it says negative.

Abi-Skinner
04-03-14, 10:50
Have you been back to the doctor? He may be the best person to speak to about how the test is done and to reassure you there has been no mix up.