PDA

View Full Version : How can I stop these feelings?

mummyanxious
01-03-14, 17:42
I am feeling mentally a lot better than I did a week ago but physically i am a mess.
I am constantly jittery and buzzing and feel like I'm plugged into the mains. I keep waking early to rushes of adrenalin which make me feel so utterly vile and bad tempered and like I just can't relax.
How do I stop this? Is medication the only answer?
The other day I got so cross I shouted and my heart felt like it seazed up for a minute and the palpitations have been coming ever since. I was terrified I was going to have a heart attack and the gp just brushed it off without seeing me as stress.
I've been out for exercise today to try and rid some of the feeling but to no avail and I feel so utterly washed out since I got back like I could collapse and my chest feels odd.
Any words would help as I just don't know what to do.

Serenity1990
01-03-14, 17:56
I'm in the same boat. I'm increasingly accepting things are anxiety and I'm much better. But I'm still getting the twitching the the buzzing and the rest of it. It think with he continued acceptance, in time our nervous systems will calm down - that means you need a few weeks of zero stress and worrying!

That's just my opinion though, I'm new to all this really.

mummyanxious
01-03-14, 17:58
Well I've for zero chance of cutting all that out so looks like my options are limited :/ Hope you're ok x

claireypoo
01-03-14, 18:46
The only thing that helps me is ignoring my symptoms, but I can't always do it. Especially if I feel unwell with something like a virus or a cold. If I can't I try to focus on 'now'. I look around and notice things, pick things up, feel their texture, basically try to look outside the whirlwind of my thoughts and feelings. X Or I put on Blades of Glory. (that helps me, weirdly) xxxx feel better soon.

mummyanxious
02-03-14, 10:17
I really have tried hard to ignore it but like this morning I've woken up feeling poorly like I'm coming down with something. Which I seriously can't be ill again its getting silly. I seem to never have a good day. I fell asleep about 8pm last night I was so tired. I tossed and turned again last night, got woke up by one of the kids as well. I feel totally dreadful again today.

---------- Post added at 10:17 ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 ----------

Well it's constant buzzing again for me today by the feel of things. Seriously don't think I can survive another day of this.