PDA

View Full Version : Getting ill all of the time?

milkcarton
02-03-14, 08:05
Hi All,

Does anyone else out there feel ill all of the time? I seem to be going from one illness to another each week and now I think I have something sinister.

A few weeks ago I had cystitis, went on anti biotics and felt sick and tired. The week after I generally felt unwell, very tired and lethargic, ended up taking the Friday off work. Then last week the lethargy continued and on Thursday night I felt really dizzy whilst out on a walk. On Friday evening I had a bad headache and then yesterday I woke up with the beginning of a cold.

I am just really worried about my health and whether it is something sinister. The general feeling I have been having is titedness and dizziness. I suffer with morning anxiety and get psnic attacks every morning going to work, not sure if this contributes to my symptoms

Milk x

Phuzella
02-03-14, 08:18
Anxiety can cause tiredness and dizziness definitely. It can also make you very run down. Try to eat well, take vitamins if appropriate, rest, exercise , all the boring stuff lol. It worked for me:)
And meditate

milkcarton
02-03-14, 08:26
Thanks Phuzella,

I did get worried as I've been taking my Vitamins C & D supplements yet I have still managed to get a cold. I had a training course this weekend that I've pulled out of today, worried I would have burnt myself out for work next week! However, I think my friend who I went to the course with is really annoyed that I didn't go today. I think any normal person would just push past their viral symptoms and go. I am such a child when it comes to getting a cold or generally feeling unwell :(

I would love to try meditation, are there any recommended websites out there?

Milk x

Annie0904
02-03-14, 09:03
I am the same, I never seem to feel well. Anxiety makes you exhausted snd a tired body means you pick up things like colds easier. Try taking a tonic like metatone (I think that is the right name, I am on phone so cant check). Or you could take echinacea.

GirlAfraid23
02-03-14, 18:35
I'm the same...I had a chest infection three weeks ago and this week I had cystitis. Now I have what I think is a tooth problem - infection or something but I'm not sure. Feels like it's one thing after another :(

Phuzella
02-03-14, 18:52
Look on YouTube for mindfulness meditation.

Worried_Male
02-03-14, 19:30
When my anxiety was at its peak I was getting ill all the time. I think the anxiety and stress lowers the immune system.

KLP
02-03-14, 20:18
When my anxiety was at its peak I was getting ill all the time. I think the anxiety and stress lowers the immune system.

It definitely lowers your immune system. Over the course of 3 months (when my anxiety was at its worst) my white blood count lowered significantly.

milkcarton
03-03-14, 07:31
Thanks guys :)

I have to admit, my anxiety is back with a vengeance at the moment. Particularly in the morning :( I'll have a look on youtube tonight for meditation links.

I'm also going to the drs after work today. However, I don't know what the Dr will say differently to what they said last time - I.e. the weather can make you depressed this time of year, lots of bugs about etc....not what I really want to hear. I don't know whether to go back on medication again, it worked wonders for me last time but may not this time...

Milk x

Lilharry
03-03-14, 07:38
Try taking a probiotic. The antibiotics you were on would have wiped out your good gut bacteria leaving you open to infections.

Worried_Male
03-03-14, 15:21
It definitely lowers your immune system. Over the course of 3 months (when my anxiety was at its worst) my white blood count lowered significantly.

Sounds about right. I usually only get ill once or twice every year. Back in 2010/2011 when I couldn't even sleep because of my anxiety I picked up everything going around. I must have been ill 5-6 times that year.