PDA

View Full Version : New member

johninhove
25-11-06, 13:15
Hi all. I am new to this site and would like some hints I am 42.
6 weeks ago i had a terrible virus which knock me out I also split with my parnter a few months before and hadnt been sleeping very well. So I had a huge panic attack in bed about 5 weeks ago. It continued for the next day and i spiralled downhill from then on. I had suffered panic when I was younger in my late teens. I remember how terrible this was and i suffered from this along with severe anxiety for several years but it did go away.

I have been to the doc and the mental heath team and they have diagnosed aggitated depression and Im on efexor.
I hade been feeling more confident last week and was offered some work in glasgow which i accepted. I was almost looking forwad to it but today i am beside myself with fear about going and have cancelled, along with other work that i had been booked for. Does anyone think I was pushing myself too quicky. I live from day to day now as I dont know when another attack will come... I am so scared by the way these feelings have taken over my life. I have not worked since july (being self employed).

I know it doesnt matter that this has happened with this work and I do understand what is going on with the panic but still its very destressing...

Thanks for reading..
John

trac67
25-11-06, 13:21
Hi John,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

honeybee3939
25-11-06, 13:26
Hi John

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here.:D

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

libbie
25-11-06, 13:38
hi john, and welcome. you can only take one step at a time. try a little positive thinking, all the negative ones start the panic.

take care
libbie

manmoor
25-11-06, 13:40
Hi John,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Sue K with 5
25-11-06, 14:34
Hi John

Welcome to NMP! Panic attacks are very scarey and you seem to have been through the mill recently.

You need to take some time for you and I suggest you dont rush into anything until your feeling totally secure and that may time a while some days you may feel great and then it can hit you, dont apply too much pressure to yourself and take one day at a tme

sue

scknight

sgp64
25-11-06, 15:55
Hi John

sorry to hear you're struggling and I can empathise. I'm the same age as you, recently experienced panic attacks for the first time, followed by health anxiety and depression plus splitting with my partner. Life can be a pain in the ass:) All I can say is that you're not alone and I don't have a huge amount of advice to impart as I'm only just finding my way through this myself right now. One thing for sure is that there are lots of good folk here and this place is an invaluable resource.

All the best

Sean

yorkylover
25-11-06, 16:25
Hi John welcome to no panic.You will get lots of support here.;)

Ellen XX

Lindalou64
25-11-06, 16:39
Hi John Welcome Im sure you find lots of support
best to ya...........Linda[8D]

LickeyEndBlues
27-11-06, 16:38
Hi John,

Welcome to this great place. NMP offers help, advice and support by the shedload!!

You are not alone in how you feel.

Take care

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?