PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had gastritis?

claireypoo
02-03-14, 14:29
Hello,

I was diagnosed with Gastritis on Tuesday last week and have been taking ranitidine but it is getting gradually worse. I am seeing my GP tomorrow but I wondered if anyone has been through gastritis? It hurts in my back (which my GP told me was very possible in some people) but I googled before I went to the docs and the search results scared me silly. I feel like something is stuck in my throat and my neck feels full of air. I am also burping a lot. I feel the gnawing burning pain in my back and it keeps moving around. I am getting myself into a state and trying not to Google my worst fears. My poop had black flecks in it this morning and of course I freaked out even more. Anyone have experience of any of this?
Claire x

mummyanxious
02-03-14, 14:46
I don't know what's going on with me either. Had stomach pains last week so put on omoprazole. Been on them six days now and while I have improved a bit today after my Sunday lunch I felt burning in the centre of my chest and like I couldn't breath and very full.
I feel for you.

claireypoo
02-03-14, 14:56
Thanks Mummy Anxious. I know as I sit here worrying about it, it is making the burning worse, but so hard to let worrying or painful symptoms go isn't it? I know some of the symptoms are directly caused by anxiety too (I've had them before) and I'm betting the anxiety had a lot to do with the gastritis as well. I have been very stressed since October. Xxxx

I just bought some chamomile tea and I am going to drink that and do my breathing exercises. I might get a blanket, a microwave wheatbag and put a film starring Vigo Mortenssen on. :p.
X

Worriedwellornot
02-03-14, 15:04
Sounds like a plan Claire x x

claireypoo
02-03-14, 15:07
The Vigo Mortenssen plan.

(Anxiety reducing already!)

;)

LE
02-03-14, 17:06
I had it and also had pain in my back. And the gnawing pain in centre of my upper stomach.

I've got it again altho not the back pain.

claireypoo
02-03-14, 17:25
Thanks for your reply x I don't feel much in my stomach at all, just a burning feeling somewhere in my chest, but the gnawing in my back is horrid, and the pressure in my throat x

mummyanxious
02-03-14, 18:01
What is the treatment for gastritis?

claireypoo
02-03-14, 18:04
I was prescribed ranitidine, but I read on the Internet that omeprazole is also prescribed. I think you take the meds, watch your diet and wait it out. X

mummyanxious
02-03-14, 18:09
Do you get it from an infection or other causes? Im not googling...
What dietary changes are recommended? Can't hurt to try this while I'm on the omoprazole.

greenlady
02-03-14, 20:51
got this at the minute too..its horrible i am on omeprozole for another 3 weeks and then if not better to go for a scope..was getting there and didn't take pills for a few days now back again

claireypoo
02-03-14, 22:04
Bland food, plenty of water, No tea, coffee or alcohol. :(

I'm not sure whether it is caused by excessive stress, whether it's viral or whether it was induced by a bit too much wine plus ibuprofen last Saturday. (Maybe all) :)

---------- Post added at 22:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:02 ----------

Thanks Greenland, it's horrible isn't it? X Hope you feel better soon. X

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

Greenlady* ;p

LE
02-03-14, 22:22
Mine is just at very top of stomach. I have been prescribed omeprazole x

---------- Post added at 22:22 ---------- Previous post was at 22:21 ----------

Also meant to add that when I had it a few years ago my gp told me to eat a bland diet, thigs like chicken and rice. Also to avoid caffeine, alcohol and chocolate!x

claireypoo
02-03-14, 22:28
Nooooo! Chocolate? Too cruel. How long did yours last? X

harasgenster
02-03-14, 23:11
Gastritis is a very generally term. It means you have a dicky tummy :D I get back pain with acid as well, seems to be an individual matter, as I never get 'heartburn'.

Try and get as much exercise and fresh air as possible. I find this helps to calm down acid.