PDA

View Full Version : Still feeling awful is it my Fluoxetine??

kittykat
25-11-06, 15:34
Hey all [Sigh...]
Thought i'd post this here as i think how i'm feeling is to do with my meds.
Still feeling really awful, feeling nauseated , cant eat much and have a really weird feeling in my head kind of dizzy and light-headed.
This is day 4 of my fluoxetine 20mg and im wondering if its a side effect of it, this is why i put off from taking them for so long..........what do all of you think?? If it is how long will i feel like this , i feel like giving up already.................xx

ruthb1
25-11-06, 16:51
hi kittykat, im on day 10 of this and i too am having a nightmare. i cant eat much either, i am not nauseous but i am not sleeping, and feel more anxious on it than ever. hopefully things will improve it should take about 4 weeks to get into the system so i am told

let me know how you are getting on and we can compare stories

take care

ruth

Ma Larkin
27-11-06, 14:26
Hi guys, I've just come off Prozac (this is my 4th week). I had trouble with my sleep all the time of taking them, but your appetite will come back. I reckon it took a good 6 weeks before the Prozac was in my system (I was prescribed 20mg 1 a day). I used to take the tablet in a morning when I got up. I've always been a crap sleeper, but the Prozac made me wake up more times in the night than I usually did before I was on any meds. It wasn't that much of a problem once I got used to it, but at least it stopped my panic attacks and reduced my anxiety considerably.

Good luck guys, keep up with it for a few weeks.

Les

kittykat
29-11-06, 08:46
Thaks Hiddy,
That reassures me a bit. I'm going on to day 8 , i took my tablet last nite at about 8pm and i have not been as iffy, so maybe there starting to work into my system now. Still not 100% yet but lets keep our fingers crossed.

Take care xx

kezzie
01-07-07, 16:13
hi am also on flouxetine.it will be two weeks on wednesday.feel rubbish.ive got a fuzzy head and just feel spaced out.how long does it go on.ive got work tuesday and cant face it if i feel like this.feel like stopping it,but should i carrie on?????

pete69
03-07-07, 17:00
week 4 now for me-not to many bad side effects,slight stiffness of muscles is kicking in now,and i am waking earlier than usual.i sleep for england so i guess the odd hour wont hurt.

dont feel any major improvements with my social anxiety,but some people say give it 6 weeks so i will plod on.....all the symtoms you described i had while on cipralex-had to stop them in 4 days as my nerves couldnt handle em.
good luck and hope we all hit the happy high together!!

pedro