PDA

View Full Version : I wish it was just anxiety!!!!!!!

Hannahscared
02-03-14, 18:08
I am going through a stressful period right now, but I have been for a while..

The other week, I started feeling really nauseous, out of nowhere, and it's persisted now up to two weeks. I wish it was just anxiety, but I'm on 20mg of Citalopram and if it was anxiety I wouldn't feel it as soon I get up in the morning. it can't be anxiety, it can't be. But it is a constant sick feeling. I took buccatsem and it worked for an HOUR, that is all, but then came back. I don't know what to do :'( I'm terrified because I know something is wrong..

what do i do?!?!

Annie0904
02-03-14, 18:14
I had constant nausea when I was very anxious, I had no relief from it at all.

choliver
04-03-14, 13:10
I know when you first start citalopram it can make you feel sick. So if you haven't been on it long it might be that. Also the more you focus on it the less likely it is to go away. Get yourself a relaxation CD they can help.

Choliver

Tanner40
04-03-14, 13:21
Hannah, read the anxiety symptoms list on the left side of the page. I think that you will find that nausea is one of the most common symptoms of anxiety. Nausea can also be caused by citalopram. Again, another very common side effect. The nausea can be dealt with quite easily. Accept it and move on. Find a way to distract yourself from thinking about it.
The more important thing to consider is how you are feeling, thinking and reacting to the nausea. What can you do to not panic about the nausea? Have you tried CBT? Feeling the symptom and then thinking about it irrationally, and then becoming fearful leads to a never ending cycle of anxiety. And the symptoms intensify.
The mostnimportant thing is to find a way to change your thinking about the physical symptoms.

ankietyjoe
04-03-14, 17:35
if it was anxiety I wouldn't feel it as soon I get up in the morning.

Oh but it would. For the majority of sufferers that's when it can be at its worst.