PDA

View Full Version : Having a panic attack... Need help think I'm about to die...

fedup36
02-03-14, 21:33
Hi all...
Dear god I am struggling...
I'm out for a client dinner and I literally my skin is all burning and I can feel the tension in my neck...
Anyway I'm sat here and I can just feel the pressure in my face building and building it's horrible :(
I am so dizzy and I'm convinced I'm about to faint.... I don't know what to do!?

MRS STRESS ED
02-03-14, 21:44
If you can go outside get some fresh air ,breath slowly try to relax and tell yourself your going to be okay this will pass x

EmmerLooeez
02-03-14, 22:00
Hello!! How are you now? What is happening??

I hope everything's calmed down for you. If not I'm around to chat. :)
xx

TooMuchToLiveFor
02-03-14, 22:52
Oh, FedUp, I'm so sorry…..engage your parasympathetic nervous system by breathing in for four, hold two, out for five. Focus on your breathing and when your mind wanders bring it right back.

You know you aren't dying….it just feels like it. You have had some really good progress lately….this is just a wave and you can and will ride it out and keep moving forward. You just have excess adrenaline coursing through right now, but it CAN NOT hurt you, and is not dangerous. Just feels awful.

fedup36
02-03-14, 23:56
Thanks guys... I rode it out.... God that was awful.... Having real issues tonight wkth the dizZines and the head pressure... I thought my face/head was going to explode... I'm really glad I stuck it out bit it really wasn't very pleasant :(

TooMuchToLiveFor
03-03-14, 03:03
Every time you ride these out- you will get better at it- and the "adrenaline surges" will get weaker.

You will probably have some "aftershocks" for the next few days. Don't get caught up in the fear cycle. You will probably also be somewhat fatigued the next few days as you just burnt through a lot of energy.

I can truly see your progress! Keep going, my friend!!!