PDA

View Full Version : Scared to take more ranitidine.

claireypoo
02-03-14, 22:07
Just saw out of hours doctor, and she said I should double up on my ranitidine to 150 x twice a day - I read the patient leaflet and now I am too scared to rate it at all. :(

---------- Post added at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:07 ----------

To take it at all*

Keleach89
02-03-14, 23:37
I know how you feel! I was put on trileptal which did wonders for my manic/panic and then a few weeks later I developed this rare crazy dangerous rash. My dr wanted to try something else but it was in the same category of medicines and
Black boxes by the FDA. I went to him for health anxiety and he wants to give me crazy drugs that can kill you. Lol. If you don't feel comfortable going up in dosage than don't. It's your body.

Fishmanpa
02-03-14, 23:55
I was taking 150mg ranitidine (Zantac) 2x daily for acid for the last 4 years. Docs recently put me on something a little stronger. I personally had no issues and I don't imagine you will either. Your doctor would not advise this if he/she didn't feel it would be harmful.

Positive thoughts

Tanner40
02-03-14, 23:57
You have to learn to trust your doctor. Anxiety can create irrational fears about medications. Reading google or medication leaflets was never helpful to me. The medication was meant to help you.

mummyanxious
03-03-14, 07:02
How about changing your medication to something else? Personally ranitidine never did anything for me. If you're still unsure today perhaps try and get an app with your usual dr?

claireypoo
03-03-14, 07:53
Thanks. :) I know the side effects I am worried about are rare, but trusting my doctor is very difficult! :/