PDA

View Full Version : When will I calm down?

Keleach89
02-03-14, 22:18
I'm new here, first post. I've suffered from bad health anxiety for a while now and frequently force symptoms to appear and then they usually go away. I was married yesterday and for the past two weeks symptoms I've never experienced before appeared like very heavy hand shaking, left side face numbness and internal shaking feeling. I feel like my nervous system is shutting down. I was coping because I thought I was just stressed but I'm not anymore. Could it be an actual illness? If it is anxiety how long should it take for my system to return to normal?

KLP
02-03-14, 22:26
Over the past two weeks your thoughts and energy have culminated in you having a high and persistent anxiety state. I don't have panic attacks nor have anything particularly that makes me anxious, but a mixture of my past worries has made my nerves a mess. I also have symptoms that change on an hourly basis, plus ones that are continuous. I hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 22:24 ----------

Tonight I am particularly jittery, but I don't know why!

Dexterjames
02-03-14, 22:31
I get all those symptoms and much more my list is endless,Sounds like you have had a lot of stress getting married can be a very stressful time especially the weeks before getting it organized your body is tired maybe causing your anxiety to take over a bit.
Talk to your doctor maybe she can advise you a method to make you feel better :)

Keleach89
02-03-14, 22:35
Is it normal for those symptoms to be consistent? Shaking 24/7?

Dexterjames
02-03-14, 22:40
Yes it can do that lots of mine are 24/7 and i have been seeing my doctor for months i tell her every time.Go and see yours make you feel better :)

Keleach89
02-03-14, 22:43
Thanks so much!

KLP
02-03-14, 22:47
Yep like dexter I have them 24/7, it's whether you choose to make them an issue if not, I've recently been able not to focus on them until today. Mwah!

Keleach89
02-03-14, 23:30
It's so hard not to! I'm going insane. I feel like I need to be committed. I now have bruises under my arm pits from checking my nodes which now that they are sore only make it worse! I used to just have 30 minute long panic attacks. Nows it's all day everyday

realworrier
03-03-14, 00:27
I have been bad again for the past 2 weeks! Thinking I have something wrong with me in 2 weeks I have thought I have had nasal cancer, sinus cancer, melanoma and now a brain tumor! In 2 WEEKS!!!!! now as I type this I have a tingling arm, I have given myself a panic attack :( I thought I beat this!! Not been here reading this forum for a long long time

Keleach89
03-03-14, 01:17
That's rough. I've finally calmed down 2 mg of Xanax later which I hate taking but I just can't deal sometimes. Hopefully the mornin doesn't start out with crazy panic.

mummyanxious
03-03-14, 08:19
Look at what you wrote. Yesterday you got married , huge congratulations by the way, this is one of life's recognised most stressful events. Yes it's a wonderful day but the adrenalin flying around is massive. I felt seriously drunk the day after my wedding and I'd only had one glass of champagne all day. This is the after effects of adrenalin and as long as you don't continue to feed it it'll calm down over the next few days. Relax and enjoy!

Keleach89
04-03-14, 03:37
You were so right! I already feel better. Just needed a Day for myself and no one else. Lol which surprisingly I found out is not your wedding day.