PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumour, I'm worried sick?

kayleighb22
02-03-14, 22:54
Ok, so I had a CT scan of my head done without contrast in October 2011, the results of which came back normal.
I have headache, all day every day, which is worse on the right side of my forehead, and my left foot tingles all the time and the left side of my body feels weaker and occasionally goes numb. I sometimes see flashes of light in my vision and I feel sick all the time and have lost a lot of weight. I also keep feeling dizzy. This started in august 2011 and then I felt ok for most of 2012 but it came back in Feb 2013 and just got worse and worse. I have been giving amitriptyline which does not help and the doctor refered me to a neurologist but they can't see me until JUNE.
I sometimes also hear random voices in my head, like I will be thinking about something and then something compleltly different will come into my head. This is ruining my life, I have gone from being happy and confident to a constatnly panicky shadow of myself. Its effecting my work, my relationship and my life. I am convinced this is a brain tumour.
I am 25, do you think I should pay for a private MRI?

Dexterjames
02-03-14, 23:04
Ok, so I had a CT scan of my head done without contrast in October 2011, the results of which came back normal.
I have headache, all day every day, which is worse on the right side of my forehead, and my left foot tingles all the time and the left side of my body feels weaker and occasionally goes numb. I sometimes see flashes of light in my vision and I feel sick all the time and have lost a lot of weight. I also keep feeling dizzy. This started in august 2011 and then I felt ok for most of 2012 but it came back in Feb 2013 and just got worse and worse. I have been giving amitriptyline which does not help and the doctor refered me to a neurologist but they can't see me until JUNE.
I sometimes also hear random voices in my head, like I will be thinking about something and then something compleltly different will come into my head. This is ruining my life, I have gone from being happy and confident to a constatnly panicky shadow of myself. Its effecting my work, my relationship and my life. I am convinced this is a brain tumour.
I am 25, do you think I should pay for a private MRI?

You all ways post about this it seems to me to be a fear more than a reality that's from my own personally experience as i am in that place you are and its very hard to snap out of it i had my CT-SCAN December 2013
2 months all NORMAL do i still think i have a tumor yes it enters my mind
I have not been to work in 4 weeks, If a private MRI helps you go for it makes a lot of people feel much better,I think you need to speak to your doctor and explain how you feel.

Tanner40
02-03-14, 23:09
Kayleigh, I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so badly. Obviously, you know that no one here can diagnose you. If you are worried about all of this and do not think it's anxiety related, most certainly see your physician. I am curious as to why you are posting on an anxiety site if you really believe that it's a brain tumor. Do you have anxiety? If so, what help are you getting for your anxiety?

fairyloveheart
02-03-14, 23:16
I had all these worries some years back, tingling face, headaches and pain constantly. I am going through some similar freak out about a new problem. I am beginning to realise that the symptoms we have are then just exacerbated by our anxiety. You're so tuned in right now to every ache and pain and connecting them altogether but they're probably not connected. June does seem a way off to see a consultant. Did the GP order the initial MRI or did you see a consultant in 2011?

---------- Post added at 23:16 ---------- Previous post was at 23:15 ----------

Also if you had these symptoms in 2011 and the scan was clear then things were ok last year, the tumour wouldn't suddenly start giving you symptoms again, it would have been consistently the same?

Dexterjames
02-03-14, 23:36
Here's a list of my daily symptoms

Vision issues Visual snow 24/7
Blurred drunken style vision 2-3 days a week
Tinnitus in ears 24/7 had it as a child but worse now
Numbness and tightness in head 24/7
Tension headaches changing sides 2-3 times a week
Nausea sickness feeling 2-3 days a week
Dizziness a few times a week
Stinging burning in head randomly through week
Achy joints muscle pains randomly through the week
Extreme social anxiety more than ever
Wind in ears feeling
Pulse rate abnormal
Burning pains over body
Stinging eye
Burning eyes and nose
Floaters
Jaw pain
Get the picture list goes on :)

I think you have a thinking issue like me and your anxiety is taking over you don't let it see your doctor she will no if there's anything out of the ordinary you will be Ok.

How long have you been on amitriptyline please let me no :)

---------- Post added at 23:36 ---------- Previous post was at 23:17 ----------

Kayleighb22 i had an awful time on amitriptyline it took me nearly 2 months to realize that it was giving me some terrible headaches and symptoms, if you have been on it long term it might be worth speaking to your doctor about it and taper of it.
It could well be the medication please see your doc :)