PDA

View Full Version : Awkward newbie introduction

Innocent Bystander
03-03-14, 12:08
Hi *smiles*

As the title suggests, I'm new to this site, new to forums in general come to mention it so this is a learning process for me.

It's been a long while since I last had to introduce myself to anybody as unfortunately I don't get to meet many new people but I'm hoping this forum will change that!

Ok so here's my attempt (albeit a rusty one) at introducing myself...

Hello (again) I'm innocent bystander. I'm 27 and from London born and raised. I've been diagnosed with GAD and depression (approximately 9 years ago), am on medication for both and having another go at CBT.
I'm a full time mum to two of the most precious beings on this earth who sometimes seem like my sole purpose for living.

I come from a strict Islamic background and of Asian ethnicity so depression, anxiety, most mental health disorders are not openly discussed or given much heed therefor I've not had much emotional support from friends and/or family and often end up in some pretty low, dark and difficult places to get out of but I'll get to more of that another time I guess.

Well...not much of an introduction but I guess it will do *embarrassed*

I'm looking forward to meeting new people, offering others my support whenever and however I can and hopefully gaining some much needed advice and support from others xx

LunaLiuna
03-03-14, 12:12
:welcome: Innocent Bystander, you'll find many new people to give you lots of support here.

SarahH
03-03-14, 12:20
:welcome: I hope you find list of support on here

Innocent Bystander
03-03-14, 12:40
Thanks for the warm welcome LunaLiuna & SarahH

I hope so and am greatly looking forward to it x