PDA

View Full Version : Not going back to work

lorenza
03-03-14, 13:54
Hi guys, my anxiety/ocd has really flared up in the last week or so because I switched from being a TA on an agency contract to a full blown teacher (haven't signed anything/sorted out change in pay yet though) and I just haven't been able to cope with it. My doctor today is sorting out medication/counselling for me and has advised me not to go back to work for now. The thing is - I don't think I want to go back at all. I genuinely think that 90% of the stress/panic/irrational thoughts I'm having right now are totally down to this job that I don't really want to do. Do you have any advice for me? I obviously need to let them know that the doctor has advised me not to go back at the minute (could have a panic attack/burst into tears in class) but I think I want to say that I probably won't come back? I don't really know what to do...

Spondoolicks
03-03-14, 13:57
I am also off work from education at the moment even though it was not the job that has caused my break down. I do know how stressful the job can be. I would at this moment in time take your doctors advice and have the time off. You may through therapy be able to look at your job in a different light once you have received treatment. You may make a wrong decision in your current frame of mind. Good luck

Annie0904
03-03-14, 14:07
I also worked in Education and left last year due to stress. I agree with Spondoolicks though, take time off on your doctors advise before making a final decision. If you have anxiety on your sick note then your employer has a duty of care to you and should have a stress management plan if you do return. This didn't work for me as even though the stress management plan was in place no one really took any notice of it :(