PDA

View Full Version : Feeling awful......please help

cjw
03-03-14, 18:21
I have regular HA regarding my heart. I'm currently in the US with work and feel terrible. After a 17 hour journey I could only sleep for 4 hours last night, I just kept waking up. For the past week I've felt lousy......constant pain in upper centre of back, chest pains, dizziness etc. I think my HA is worse due to lack of sleep but I just can't relax enough to get a decent nights rest. It's a viscous circle. My conference starts tomorrow and I'm worrying that I'll feel ill through it. I hate feeling like this......:weep:

Fishmanpa
03-03-14, 18:32
I have regular HA regarding my heart. I'm currently in the US with work and feel terrible. After a 17 hour journey I could only sleep for 4 hours last night, I just kept waking up. For the past week I've felt lousy......constant pain in upper centre of back, chest pains, dizziness etc. I think my HA is worse due to lack of sleep but I just can't relax enough to get a decent nights rest. It's a viscous circle. My conference starts tomorrow and I'm worrying that I'll feel ill through it. I hate feeling like this......:weep:

Perhaps an OTC sleep remedy may assist you in getting a good nights rest. I'm sure a pharmacist could recommend something that could help.

Positive thoughts

Idris
03-03-14, 19:40
Sorry to hear that youre feeling crap, especially away from home (know what that feels like).

Tension and anxiety causes chest muscle pain and spasms, totally unrelated to cardiac problems. Painful but harmless. They are not going to hurt you, but you will have to accept them (along with the dizziness) as physical symptoms of your anxiety. Accept that you feel awful, but KNOW that you are not in any danger.

What you need to do now is try and find a way to relax yourself, and take your mind off your anxiety about the conference. Have a hot bath, practice some breathing exercises, get on youtube and listen to some relaxation/guided meditation videos, take a walk, listen to an audiobook, anything to distract yourself :-)

Good advice about getting some sleep aids from the chemist, and if you can let yourself calm down and get into a more relaxed state of mind, chances are you will sleep tonight anyways.

So just try and relax and enjoy your time as much as you can. And when you get home, get yourself a good counsellor and work though what is causing you to feel like this.

Best wishes :hugs: