PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety? Mono / glandular fever?

mgw
03-03-14, 22:23
Hi just wondering if any one can shed some advice!

I have recently had a series of high white blood cell tests that came back high, last one very high, nearly 17,000, with raised monocytes(?).

Iv been under a lot of stress from this, thinking worst case scenarios etc, fears have calmed a bit after having liver and spleen scans done.

Now however I feel ABSOLUTLEY awful! Felt fine at the times o the tests, but now it's a different story! I feel ABSOLUTLEY exhausted, the idea of sitting up seems too much. I have been sleeping so much, mainly in the day time, have napped for at least three hours in the day for the last few days. I ache everywhere, my back an shoulders are the worse. I feel so weak and stiff! Have had a constant headache, and also had a temperature for over a week- this started before I felt ill! Throat has began to hurt now, got a slight cold etc.

Literally Iv never felt so awful, I just walked up stairs and had t sit down thinking I was going to pass out!

What I want to know is could this be down to stress? Like the extreme anxiety Iv had over the last few weeks? I haven't got swollen glands etc so I'm wondering if this is the case! Or whether the temperature etc signalises illness? (I'm nt scared about having glandular fever etc- I feel this would put my mind at ease!!)

Tanner40
03-03-14, 23:23
MGW, no one on here can diagnose you, as we are not doctors. We are here to help you with your anxiety over these issues. If you would like to talk about your anxiety, many people could help. You might want to visit your physician, especially with a fever. I hope that you get to feeling better soon.

mgw
03-03-14, 23:28
Thanks tanner40, I realise this, I'm just interested in whether stress and anxiety can cause these symptoms

Fishmanpa
04-03-14, 00:09
Here you go.... I think you'll find much of what anxiety can do to you physically.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/

Positive thoughts