PDA

View Full Version : Help can't stop smelling vomit

ijones
04-03-14, 09:37
Hi, I'm new here but my anxiety has got to much to cope with.

This will sound so stupid but I was eating my breakfast and I ate a chocolate biscuit and it really tasted like vomit, but I think it was my mouth not the actual food. Now I can't stop smelling vomit, its been about an hour, every now and again I can just smell it. I don't know if it is being caused by my anxiety or if I'm going to be sick. I am so scared of being sick. This has never happened from my anxiety before but sometimes it can do all sorts can't it? I was just wondering if anyone had any help, I'm so scared I'm going to be sick everywhere! Has anyone else experienced the same sort of thing?

bingjam
04-03-14, 10:08
I dont have the smelling vomit thing but I do have a smell that I occasionally smell mainly at night which is like a warm smell, not like burning but how warm would smell ive had it for about 2 years and it can happen for days on end then can stop for months and comes back etc...

Mine is through anxiety apparently. Maybe something you ate is still in your mouth like stuck in your teeth and its causing that smell??

Is it actual vomit you can smell....

Brush your teeth see if the smell goes... not saying you dont brush your teeth btw

cut_out_stars
04-03-14, 16:24
I can sympathize with you so much with your anxiety (fear of being sick!) Honestly I think this is just anxiety, sometimes your brain can be so convinced of something, particularly if you're anxious about that particular thing.

I reckon if you go and really distract yourself with something else the smell will go away xx

anthrokid
05-03-14, 12:20
It could be reflux, I know that for some people the acid does give a vomit type smell/taste in their mouth.