PDA

View Full Version : New here, introducing

foojam
04-03-14, 15:26
Hi,

I've found this forum after being prescribed new meds and have found it helpful, so thought I would join.

After being diagnosed with depression and personality disorder 5 years ago, I've been told, after a lengthy wait, that I probably don't have a personality disorder but definitely have Asperger's/Austism spectrum disorder, anxiety and issues with eating. I managed to function with increased difficulty alone with what have been called "coping mechanisms" but once these failed to protect me from the outside world, I suffered a breakdown and seizures. I've been put on various meds (citalopram, mirtazepine, escitalpram etc) and found these to be of little or no use, the side effects worse than any improvement and generally putting me in a zombie-like state. Now I've been prescribed lofepramine and clonazepam and have just gone through the first 24 hrs of lofepramine, but I don't want to start the clonazepam until I've gotten the lofepramine fully into my system to see what each does. Does anyone have any experience of these two meds in conjunction?

There's more to say, however, I just want to say hello for now and be brief.

Foo

Phuzella
04-03-14, 15:30
Your name sounds like a hybrid of Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam. Am I close?
And Hello to you:)

MrAndy
04-03-14, 15:39
hello foo ,welcome aboard

foojam
04-03-14, 15:42
Yes, Phuzella, you are completely right, hello to you too.

Thanks, MrAndy

Phuzella
04-03-14, 15:44
You have good taste in music:)
I'm afraid I know nothing about the meds you are on so can't help you, but I'm sure someone on here will be able to.

foojam
04-03-14, 15:47
Thank you :)

The start of your name sounds similar, would you care to share how you made up yours?

Yes, I hope that someone can help here

Phuzella
04-03-14, 15:51
Actually I had a cat called Phuzzie, so I kind of adapted it from that lol. Not very exciting really:D

foojam
04-03-14, 16:01
Cats are cool and it means something to you so that's as good a reason as any!

SarahH
04-03-14, 16:08
Welcome foojam....you will find lots of help on here. Try looking at the meds section for Lofepromine and Clonazepam I am sure there will be people who are using the same meds.

Sarah

Phuzella
04-03-14, 16:12
He was a very cool cat indeed:D