PDA

View Full Version : Lump on head

AnxietySufferer
04-03-14, 18:29
Okay so I am now fixated with a lump on my head.. I had never noticed it before, about the size of 2 peas, it feels bony and it hurts when I press it.It is located on the back of my head on the left side and I'm a bit worried about what it could be? I have also been having left sided neck pain and on and off ear ache particularly when driving I had out this down the bad posture but the lump has really worried me!

claireypoo
04-03-14, 18:46
I don't know if it's the same thing obviously, but my MIL gets scalp cysts. Hard little lumps on her head. Totally benign, although she didn't like her being there and has them removed. One got quite big, but the others stayed small. She had six in total, 5 removed, one she left alone as it was small.
X

AnxietySufferer
04-03-14, 19:06
It's more like a lump under the skin on my head, does this sound similar??! Quite large and it feels almost bony but I don't think it's a bone!! It is in the cerrbulum I think it is??! At the back in the left corner level with the middle of my ear ish

claireypoo
04-03-14, 19:20
Well, hard to tell without feeling it, :) but her big one was firmly squashy (like a bag under the skin filled with toothpaste) and the smaller ones felt hard, like bone. The smallest was the boniest feeling one. Scalp cysts are harmless. She had hers removed at the GP's on the NHS. X

AnxietySufferer
04-03-14, 20:21
Mine definTely feels bony, I'm not sure if you would class it as large or small! So you don't think it's anything serious??! I also have such bad memory but I think that's just anxiety... Like I will make tea and forget about it or I'm constantly forgetting where I left things!! And I have had backache but I have put that down to bad posture and driving!!

Kez_miller
04-03-14, 20:25
if you are worrying about it being something on your brain dont...i use to worry about things like that, then one doctor said too me "if you can feel it on your head it wont hurt you, if it was on your brain you wouldnt physically feel it because the skull would case it in"....and when you think logically....hes right lol maybe just a cyst

Lilharry
04-03-14, 20:35
Sounds like a cyst. I had one on my neck that felt hard. It got bigger and I eventually had it removed because it was unsightly. Go and get it checked out to get some reassurance.

anxious_thoughts
04-03-14, 20:47
I sort of have a small pea size bump that's kind of like yours except mine is on the top of my head. Also, my bump is squishy, if I press on it it goes away but reappears a few minutes after. I've had it for many years and it has been the same size since.

I really don't think yours is anything to worry about. :)

claireypoo
04-03-14, 21:05
My MIL 's biggest one was egg sized, the others ranged from 'pea' to 'Brussels sprout'. :) All harmless, but she wanted them removed. Go see your GP they will tell you for sure, but basically scalp cysts are fairly common. They are filled with keratin the stuff hair is made from.
:)

AnxietySufferer
05-03-14, 07:31
Thanks guys! I just can't stop worryin :( I'm constantly feeling it, and I also have neck she on the same side as the lump which constantly reminds me that the lump is there which isn't helping !

claireypoo
05-03-14, 07:39
Pop and see your GP, they'll put your mind at rest! My MIL's were mostly painless, but one of the smaller ones hurt on occasion. :)