PDA

View Full Version : Heart

scaredsobad
04-03-14, 18:55
Ok so my symptoms began about the middle of November, so it has been almost 4 months! I get arm tingling right down to my fingers, my arms get very heavy and tire easily in the upper part of both of them, shooting pains from time to time also I get cold fingers. I have also experienced upper back pain like a burning. Just recently I have been having chest discomfort and have been to the ER just two days ago because of it, but I have been seeing doctors and been to the ER a total of five times! I have had 6 or 7 ekgs, 3 or 4 chest X-rays, blood tests 4 times, blood pressure tested numerous times and urine tests all of which have comeback negative. I have worn the holter monitor for 48 hours, I am scheduled to have my blood taken to check glucose, creatinine, uric acid, sodium, potassium and the lipid assessment to check cholesterol and triglycerides and then I will have an ultrasound on my heart followed by the stress test and then I will follow up with my cardiologist to get results. I also get bouts of dizziness and naseau and shortness of breath. I am a 34 year old women I weigh 130 pounds and eat very healthy. I also have headaches time to time almost a pressure around my ears and jaw. I drink plenty of water, I have been trying to cut out coffee (although I only drink 2 a day) and I also find when u drink alcohol it helps during, but the next few days are bad! I was heavily drinking for the last few months like 4 times a week sometimes and I smoke cigarettes when I drink, but not when I don't! I am very scared because I just know this is my heart and wishing my trips to the ER would see this before I sit at home and have a heart attack. It's still another 3 weeks of tests before I see results from my cardiologist. Someone please help because I have a 4 year old son and I don't want to leave him or this world I'm too young and happy to live! I also workout, but have been doing more Yoga lately because I am scared to really exert myself!

Fishmanpa
04-03-14, 19:02
Sorry you're not feeling well :( The plethora of tests have so far ruled out heart issues and your doctors are doing more tests to rule out just about everything else. I don't know what else anyone here could tell you that medical testing and doctors haven't told you already.

The best advice I can give you is don't smoke or drink, continue to eat healthy and exercise.

Positive thoughts

Spacedextra
04-03-14, 19:03
It looks like you've had a whole bunch of tests, which is absolutely the right thing to have done if you're feeling this way.

I've had palpitations and tingling feelings in the past and they're not fun at all, they really aren't. What I will say is that yoga is a great thing to do, meditation also.

I wouldn't ever patronise you and say it's all in your head, because, as someone with HA myself, I know the symptoms are very real.

Deep breaths, no Google (I'm guilty of that soooo much!) and do your best to stay positive and play with your little son. That's gotta take precedence over anything else in the forefront of your mind.

Try your best, one hour at a time, to get through the days until your results come and I'm sure you'll be fine. You made it through today, you'll make it through tomorrow.

scaredsobad
04-03-14, 19:36
Thanks for the replies, I am just scared something is about to happen to me at ay given moment, like last night I woke up at 3 am to use the bathroom and I had the chest discomfort so I had a hard time returning to sleep. I have days where I have no energy from someone who had all of the energy in the world, I mean I had more energy when I was waking up with my son when he was baby to feed every couple of hours! So it is so disheartening that I feel this way, I don't even feel like myself at all ..

Spacedextra
04-03-14, 19:54
I'm with you right there. That last sentence. "I don't even feel like myself at all".

I have the same feeling with my symptoms. But in an odd way, we owe it to the people we love (your son, my girlfriend and many more people) to make ourselves, feel like ourselves. We MUST treat our HA and our symptoms as something we are actively trying to get sorted. The rest of the time, we have to push on with life and enjoy every second. I know symptoms get in the way of life and they take the wind from our sails, but if we don't try, then we're just giving up and asking for trouble. Look at your son. Let him be inspired by a parent who is bold and brave and fights - a parent who doesn't give up or let their personality slip away.

I have HA because I had meningitis as a small child and was constantly checked over for every little symptom growing up. You can prevent anything even close to that for your son by being a strong and positive role model.

Spaced