PDA

View Full Version : numbness in wrist

bluebirds2005
25-07-04, 18:37
i havent been on here for a while,ive been away travelling and to be fair ive had no panic anxiety for 3 months,but 2 days ago i had a numbness in my left wrist it now comes every ten minutes or so and lasts for about five seconds its always in the center of my wrist andnow and again tingles up my left arm.I was just wondering if this could be a bit of anxiety or maybe something else any suggestions much apreciated.

gareth

Meg
25-07-04, 19:28
Hello Gareth,

Glad to hear about the no panic or anxiety and hope you're having a brilliant time travelling - where are you heading ?

If that is really the only symptom you're having then it doesn't sound anxiety to me , sounds more like the nerves in your wrist are injured. A Repetitive Strain Injury type of thing . Could anything have set something like that off .

Strapping it up may help especially if you're carrying anything. Depending where you are you could try antiinflammatory pain killers if it hurts, if it persists you can be referred to have a scan.

Take care

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

bluebirds2005
25-07-04, 19:35
hi meg no im back now ive been out in canada visiting relatives for a couple of months, i needed to get away for a while to sort my life out, it was getting so bad at home i was scared of what might happen so of i went and it did me great i came home a new person.

no the pain in my wrist doesnt hurt its more annoying than anyhing and if im busy i dont notice it its only when im sitting around but i guessit could be something to do with the nerves

gareth

nomorepanic
25-07-04, 20:03
Hi Gareth

Welcome back. Great news about the panic etc. You must be so pleased that things are going so well.

I don't think the wrist thing is panic so may be worth getting it checked out.

Hope that you will stay around here for a while and offer us some advice.

Nicola

Rennie1989
25-07-04, 20:12
that sounds odd, iv had tingling sensations in the fingers but wat uv got is odd

mum says it must be an injured nerve, so meg says, see a doc if it carries on she says again (she says alot)

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

bluebirds2005
25-07-04, 20:42
yeah i guess i could go and see the doc but it seems a bit stupid for something as little as a numb spot on my wrist

gareth

Rennie1989
25-07-04, 21:36
it was like my bak, it was just a pain untill i found out it wasnt wat i thought

i think u should see him or her

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

bluebirds2005
25-07-04, 22:19
its not painfull and it isnt constantly numb its just a small spasm now and again i dont think it coulc be anything serious

gareth

bluebirds2005
26-07-04, 22:07
well today the numbness has changed to a tingling feeling which comes and goes through my left hand arm and occasionaly face i have a feeling it could be anxiety because it only happens now and again anyone got any ideas?

gareth