PDA

View Full Version : Think my Drs are completely wrong!

Vigilante
04-03-14, 20:10
hey again,

Well I actually think this time my Drs are wrongly testing and assuming things!
They want me to do a 24 hour urine test, Kidney ultrasound scan and more bloods.

All because I have high Blood Pressure aged 32, Ok it had been at crazy levels for the past two weeks but I did explain to them I had crazy amounts of stress with fight/flight response.

I was put on the ace inhibitor Lisonpril then Propranolol was added when the Lisinopril did nothing after 1 week. The propranolol works 100% on me reading tonight - 117/69

One problem I have is they are treating this as a "new thing" and seem to be looking for "something" IF they took 5 seconds to actually read my medical records they might see as I have (have them in full here) that my Blood Pressure has actually been stage 1 high for years and years and I have had anxiety on and off for 12 years.

anyway at this rate they will have me with low blood pressure not high. :ohmy:

RoseEve
05-03-14, 00:18
It's ok I had to do this too. The doctors are just covering their butts. Don't worry.

Vigilante
05-03-14, 14:47
Yeah they might well be but I sure wish they would get a new pair of ears!

Resting heart rate 45 bpm, blood pressure after 40 mins weight lifting and 20 mins cardio ......113/65

Somehow I feel like I have less energy now or that my heart will not go fast enough during exercise. lol

---------- Post added at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 14:36 ----------

In fact I'm so certain its GAD caused high blood pressure, I am going to refuse the kidney ultrasound scan and take myself off the ACE inhibitor.

Catherine S
05-03-14, 15:18
I don' think the docs are assuming things, they are doing the tests to rule certain things out. Even if you're convinced its because of anxiety, they don't know your body as well as you do so they'll want to check for other causes before agreeing that its down to anxiety and nothing physical. I take Propranolol for high BP and they do slow everything down...I feel better on 40mg than the 80mg I was taking before, which made me feel breathless when walking or going upstairs etc. Almost as if my heart-rate took longer to catch up with my activity if that doesn't sound too mad!

Vigilante
05-03-14, 15:29
lol that don't sound mad, I go everywhere by cycling and since the propranolol only taking 40 mg tablets 2 x daily, I have felt like my heart cannot be bothered to pump the blood quick enough to keep any real energy levels up.

But as far as the Dr's I find them strange, I have just read back on my own records over the last 4 years. My Bp was always at stage 1 or pre-high blood pressure throughout the whole of them years. even has it stated at one point average reading 149/97.

The levels I'm at on tablets are levels I have never even been close to I would say. I did take propranolol last year which had my bp at a perfect most the day but came off them due to very cold hands (blood flow?) When I asked to go on them again instead of the Lisinopril Ace inhibitor I was turned down. Now I'm taking both which Im 100% sure isnt needed.

Catherine S
05-03-14, 15:46
Propranolol is one of the oldest of the betablockers and periodically my doctor asks me if I fancy changing to one of the newer ones, of which I think bisoprolol is one if ive said that right, but I always refuse because it takes my body ages to adjust to meds, and is even sensitive to strong painkillers and I kind of prefer to stick with the devil I already know. I did agree to swop them for an ace-inhibator but felt so ill on it that he agreed to put me back onto the propranolol.

The thing is that, like every other test they do, the baseline with which they measure everything is set down by the health authority but everyone's body is different so how can one baseline fit all so to speak!

Magic
06-03-14, 13:33
Yes propranolol is quite an old drug. My husband is taking them for his tremors.
I was prescribed them a while back ,but did not feel any benefit from them.
If I was offered tests from my GP for any condition, I would have them done anyway
even if I thought they were not necessary . To rule things out.