PDA

View Full Version : i happen to be cured and it was simple!

Kez_miller
04-03-14, 20:20
hi guys, so a lot of you will know shakey (steve) on here has posted about celiac disease being the root cause of his anxiety and depression for over 30 odd years. I happen to be the guy he has recently posted about in the last couple of days that he has helped. Now im a 22 year old guy that has suffered from anxiety for around 6 years with bouts of depression. i genuinely could not put my finger on what was causing it because it just came out of no where towards me turning 17. i was healthy i was about to become what id always dreamed of (a footballer) and i had no health issues then BANG...anxiety, it destroyed my life, stopped me playing football and put a big dampner on my social life. i was then given a lifeline by shakey whom told me his root cause and tbh at first i thought he was a nut case....."stomach problems causing anxiety...get out of here" but i was desperate as i had been given one last root into professional football (or soccer for our transatlantic friends) so i thought what the heck, ill go get a celiac test and cut out gluten when i find the results. so i went to boots got myself the test and low and behold this "nutcase" was correct....i have celiac disease (for those who dont know, celiac disease is an reaction caused by gluten) so i cut out gluten.....no anxiety....no low moods...more energy than ever and i just can not believe it. i have my life back with in days. i feel on top of the world and although this may sound like a sales pitch...i assure you if you speak to shakey or come across his posts then message him, hes not someone who charges to help you. he simply helps you out of the goodness of his heart. as a friend. I realise this wont work for everyone, BUT what is the harm in trying, if it works, you have your life back. if it doesnt, what have you lost? any questions ill b happy to answer to the best i can if you do not or can not find shakey.

Lilharry
04-03-14, 20:37
That is brilliant news Kez! I believe everyone with anxiety should try cutting out gluten for a few weeks to see if it makes a difference. I am not celiac, but wheat has been damaging my gut for years and I am definitely intolerant to it. Life without wheat has been a lot better for me.

Serenity1990
04-03-14, 21:09
I've also had the test for Celiac. Mine was negative but certainly people can have a bad reaction to wheat without being gluten intolerant.

anthrokid
05-03-14, 12:18
Funny you mention this Kev, because I recently noticed that by cutting out lactose I have so much more energy and far less pain associated with my CFS/fibromyalgia. It's really amazing the difference intolerances can make!