PDA

View Full Version : Paralysed by panic

mgw
04-03-14, 23:17
Really not having a good night today.. Been slipping back into dreadful anxiety and think I am also ill which isn't helping.

Does anyone get the feeling that they are paralysed by panic? Like the feeling that moving is too hard, scary, feeling like you just have to lie down an not move? Iv been like this all night, whenever I move my heart starts rapidly beating and I feel awful just so strange and light headed like there's someone pushing down on my head and I have to lie down!

This happened before when I was on holiday and lasted a few days, couldn't leave my bed!

Anyone else had any experience with this an any advice on how to stop this?

I don't know what I'm worrying about to cause this, I guess the biggest thing is worrying that there's something very wrong to cause this!

Feeling so low an scared and trapped by all this :( sleeping alone tonight and terrified something bad is goin to happen either awake or asleep

Catherine S
05-03-14, 00:16
Hi, don't be scared. I know panics are the pits but I'm guessing you've had them before? Panics are not new to most of us here..we all suffer with days and nights like this. What you have to remember is that your heartbeat will change when you move, even a little bit and its normal. Your heart is a good heart and its beating exactly how it should, even for an anxious body like yours is..like mine is too. Its doing its job, its reacting to your anxiety in exactly the way it should be. So, be proud of your heart, its looking after you, it really is, don't be scared, just let it do what it does. Learn to trust your heart, its your friend. It beats faster when you are awake and when you eat, when you move and when you dance...and when you fall in love. It only beats slowly when you sleep, are completely bored and have no interest in life.

I prefer life with a beating heart. Learn to love and appreciate yours. You are fine believe it.

mgw
05-03-14, 13:14
Thankyou very much for your reply, that is a very nice way of putting it xx

mgw
05-03-14, 17:17
thanks raindrops! Have you found anything to help sort this out? I've been in bed for the past few days and feel like I'm stuck in this circle!

mgw
06-03-14, 23:52
Thanks raindrops, that really spoke to me! I think it sounds great. An starting meds tomorrow an am expecting this feeling to get so much worse so will try this out!