PDA

View Full Version : Swollen glands

sebinkent
05-03-14, 07:47
Hi,

I've recently had a cold which has almost gone, other than an annoying cough. I've developed two swollen glands behind my left ear. Anyone know if this is a normal process of a cold? I can't ever remember having them before.

Thanks.

cut_out_stars
05-03-14, 08:28
It can be yeah. I had a cold recently and I have a little node that I can feel on the front of y ear that swelled a little and hurt but it went down again after a couple of days. I always assumed it was just the glands in your neck that swelled with things like colds but it's not usual for other to swell up too I don't think :) sometimes they can take a bit of time to go down, especially if it was a bad cold.

sebinkent
05-03-14, 09:08
Thanks, thats reassuring. :)

cut_out_stars
05-03-14, 10:15
No problem, I hope you feel better soon!

emlica
05-03-14, 11:27
Mine always go up during a cold and sometimes stay up for a while even when I feel better. Anything round the general face/neck/ear region can swell up from an upper respiratory infection as far as I know. It's all connected up there - if you think about how blocked your ears sometimes get when you've got a cold, it's not surprising that the glands there react a bit. Actually, if I've got a bad cold even the glands under my arms can feel a bit tender.

sebinkent
05-03-14, 16:58
Thanks Emlica - I did the worst thing I could do this morning and 'googled' 'swollen glands behind the ear' and that dreaded 'C' word came up - freaked out a bit.. I should realise it's my body's way of fighting off the cold virus.. :)

cut_out_stars
05-03-14, 17:39
I did the same thing and if it helps I spoke to my Doctor about them and she said the would have to be pretty big for them to feel the need to investigate. Like, visibly big. It's also normal to have a couple that you can feel (I have a couple that I can always feel)

:)