PDA

View Full Version : Support please?

mermaid
05-03-14, 09:44
Hi all

Few months of feeling good and now back to all my usual anxiety symptoms as if a switch has been turned back on.

Woke up feeling anxious, stomach churning, sweating. Have had none of these feelings since beginning of the year.

Have forgotten what the counsellor said about relapse strategies as my mind is in turmoil.

It's my birthday tomorrow and have had lots of nice things going on, it's as if the excitement turns to anxiety. Also mum passed away a year next week so that's probably a factor.

Feel a total failure.

Mermaid

Jenwales
05-03-14, 10:40
You're not a failure. relapses happen, just go back to whatever treatment you were on and start again
recovering is ongoing

Tanner40
05-03-14, 12:14
Just a blip, Mermaid. Anniversaries and events can bring on anxiety in people that don't even suffer from anxiety. It's difficult to remember strategies of recovery when you are having a bad time. One of the reasons that daily maintenance is so important for recovery from anxiety.
Go back and read some of your old posts or some of the success stories on NMP from people who you feel a connection with. You can do this. And almost Happy Birthday.

Ryan92
05-03-14, 23:24
Hi, first of all, happy birthday for tomorrow :birthday1:. Just try and enjoy it and no doubt you'll be around family or friends :) your mum will have wanted you to enjoy your birthday. Your not a failure at all, its very common for people with past or present anxiety to feel down near an anniversary etc. I have felt the same too, last october was one year since my grandad died and I felt down, depressed and my anxiety increased :weep: Maybe you could email or call the service where you saw your counsellor and see what they can do. Maybe you could go and see them and they could remind you about relapse strategies. You might need to go back to your GP first. (sorry if this is not very helpful)

mermaid
06-03-14, 09:07
Thankyou for your replies.

Felt better later in the day and had support from my family. Hubs working away but back this afternoon so I can talk it through with him, he's my rock.

Woke up with slightly less anxiety but feel it could overwhelm me any minute. Trying to enjoy the birthday well wishes from friends and family but difficult. This illness is such a shit.

Mermaid

Frankie11
06-03-14, 09:13
I hope you get a break from it.

I am also back feeling anxious its horrendous at the minute, our 5 year old has cancer were losing fellow friends children to this awful disease, some have relapsed, some are terminal and its sent me over the edge now.

xx

mermaid
06-03-14, 11:26
Sending private message