PDA

View Full Version : Breathing Problems/Tight Chest

Mummygems
05-03-14, 12:55
Last year i started finding it difficult to breathe, like i couldn't take a deep breath unless i made myself yawn. This happened out of the blue followed by other symptoms, heavy feeling in my chest and a burning type pain like I've been running a long distance. One day for no apparent reason i felt dizzy sick with cold sweats. My gp diagnosed anxiety. i self medicated with herbal Kalms from chemist and exercised more and symptoms got better so after couple months i stopped taking them. Before xmas started to come back and had bladder problems, gp said no infecti and after couple weeks bladder back to normal.Since New Year weird breathing and chest tightness back and this time bowel problems. After few weeks bowels problems subsiding but chest tightness etc still there. worse when im at home, when out n about with others i don't really notice it. I do not feel ill!! Im a busy stay at home mum with two young school age boys. im active as regularly go to the gym and walk the dog for a good hour a day and am currently in the middle of redecorating a number of rooms in our house.So i wonder if im just stressing about this which is causing these symptoms?? Anyone else get these symptoms out of the blue and how do you deal with them?

TelBoy
08-03-14, 20:32
Hi there:)) I had all that and get it every now and then, and I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.... ask your GP to send you to a Rheumatologist at the hospital.... but first look up Fibromyalgia on the net you will be surprised to see all the symptoms... it is a nightmare condition.. You might not have it as you say you go to the Gym.... but tight chest and pains and as though you can't breathe can mean a 1001 different things:))
It is just my advice to ask your GP about what I have said and see what they think... hope you get on alright..:D

JulieJay92
10-03-14, 13:17
i know its ME saying this and i cant cope but like you when im out and about with others i dont feel/notice it as much so put it down to anxiety which was diagnosed in 1997