PDA

View Full Version : Scared of Magnesium

Miss Worry-a-lot
05-03-14, 16:09
I was told that magnesium tablets and vitamin b12 tablets helped with anxiety and depression. So I have been taking them for a month now. But I've just read somewhere that taking magnesium tablets can be really bad for you because of magnesium overdose.

So I'm kind of freaking out. So silly.

Does anyone else take any supplement tablets? Anybody know anything more about magnesium? Considering going to the doctors but I don't want to waste their time. I was there the other day because of a UTI infection and they gave me antibiotics. Don't want to waste their time again.

MrAndy
05-03-14, 16:15
i take 500mg of magnesium to help me relax before bed every night,as long as you dont take silly doses you will be ok

Fishmanpa
05-03-14, 16:45
My fiance' takes a popular Mag supp which is well below the recommended daily requirement. It helps with Aunt Flo cramps. Most supps are below the daily requirement/limits so I have to assume your tablet is too.

Positive thoughts

Miss Worry-a-lot
05-03-14, 17:22
Oh okay, thank you very much. I hate how the internet only tells you the bad things that can happen. Dr Google is at it again.

Lilharry
05-03-14, 20:47
That's highly unlikely. Magnesium is very safe and you know when you've had too much because it gives you diarrhea, so you just cut back. It is an essential nutrient and most people are deficient.

Phuzella
11-03-14, 18:40
What's the best type of magnesium to take??

MrAndy
11-03-14, 19:46
What's the best type of magnesium to take??
I take magnesium with zinc from holland and Barrett

Phuzella
11-03-14, 19:49
Thanks for that, I'll check it out.

RoseEve
11-03-14, 21:58
You would have to take a whole lot of magnesium to overdose on it! Mg is one of my favorite elements! I just did a lab with my chemistry class, when you burn Mg ribbon it's very bright.