PDA

View Full Version : Living life........!

KLP
05-03-14, 16:55
Ok, so I've been reading nothingworks.weebly.com and have seen a bit of the light regarding how to get through/over my anxiety. One poignant part of the development in recovery is stop being a compulsive pondering! By that I mean stop the mental rituals that I have allowed to plague me sometimes. Over the past few days I've made up my mind and started to do other things than to sit and waste time on 'what if's' and prodding and self checking myself for symptoms and alike. Two days ago I started making curtains which I haven't done in a long time. Now I have a list as long as my arm that I want to crack on and get down.

That's all I wanted to say, now please excuse me I have things to get on with. X

Phuzella
05-03-14, 18:00
:)

Fishmanpa
05-03-14, 18:05
Great Post! It's inspirational to see someone taking the Dragon by the horns ;)

Positive thoughts

MrAndy
05-03-14, 18:09
Go go go klp :D

MRS STRESS ED
05-03-14, 18:11
Well done klp sounds like your getting the hang of it keep going and keep sewing lol x
:D

robinsky
05-03-14, 19:40
Ok, so I've been reading nothingworks.weebly.com and have seen a bit of the light regarding how to get through/over my anxiety. One poignant part of the development in recovery is stop being a compulsive pondering! By that I mean stop the mental rituals that I have allowed to plague me sometimes. Over the past few days I've made up my mind and started to do other things than to sit and waste time on 'what if's' and prodding and self checking myself for symptoms and alike. Two days ago I started making curtains which I haven't done in a long time. Now I have a list as long as my arm that I want to crack on and get down.

That's all I wanted to say, now please excuse me I have things to get on with. X

Seems like you're making really good strides!!!! :-)

KLP
05-03-14, 20:28
I know this may sound a little hippy-like but I love you guys. You've been/are my support mechanism.

I have been feeling better, no more loose BM (one for fishmanpa ;)) no more tender abdomen. I wake up most mornings in a calm state, with no more electricity running through my veins.
I still have drunk vision!!!! And my nerves are still constantly jittery, but I've made adjustments and can tolerate them.

Rock and roll folks. Much love x

jayjoe18
06-03-14, 13:08
Yay go KLP! That's the spirit! Having things to fully occupy your mind works wonders for us anxiety sufferers... our problem is we think TOO much, we just need to channel that to something positive :D

KLP
06-03-14, 18:51
Thanks jayjoe, go me..... Go me... Go me...!

flossy74
06-03-14, 18:52
Great post, funnily enough I have been going too sewing class and it keeps me so occupied I forget too prod myself. Well done to you :-)

TooMuchToLiveFor
08-03-14, 02:19
KLP-
Getting caught up today with my NMP friends…..AWESOME post, my friend!
If I recall- you are a vocalist, right? Any gigs going again yet?

KLP
16-03-14, 22:56
Since I have given my head a wobble :emot-bulb:and stop procrastinating. Things have got a wee bit better. I think reflection on your development, even if it's very small is a good positive step. I know more than anything that this will come to an end, not sure when, I'm going to just keep doing I'm doing.

Time is a healer. (Listen to Eva Cassidy sing it).

Tanner40
16-03-14, 23:22
Way to go, KLP It's amazing what we can do when we put our minds to it, isn't it. A little bit of distraction can work wonders. Thanks for sharing this great tip and your successes.