PDA

View Full Version : New Here, Lump in neck problem and more!

rrr122
05-03-14, 20:10
Hi everyone, I'm new here and this is what you need to know about me in the last few months:

Summer 2012 I was peeing more frequently, didn't think anything of it because i'm 19 yo.
August 2013 I noticed a hard lump (which is painless) on the centre left of my neck. It grew a bit more by September and I then had an MRI scan - the doctors have never told me what it is but said it's most likely an englarged lympth node. I wouldn't be too worried now if it had gone, but a few months later it's still here and feels the same size.
Around December 2013 I noticed my jaw making a loud clicking sound on one side and on the other side it crackles and pops a lot. I also now notice this in my throat and when I breath (especially breathing heavily when exercising) it crackles quite loudly and feels really wierd. Also when I lift my arms or move my shoulders around I get this crackling loudly in my shoulder. It feels horrible and sounds horrible and I'm convinced myself it's linked in with the lump on my neck.
I go to the gym everyday and this convinces me all is ok as I can still exercise fine (other than throat crackling being annoying) so I think I must be ok then.

I have been to the doctors once about the lump and was referred to the hospital for MRI scan which was done.
I had a blood test and that came back fine.
I have mentioned the crackling in my neck, shoulder and jaw cracking loudly (which he could hear) but he said it is all normal I am only young. I have also mentioned I still have the lump and he said all normal and I felt like he was rushing me off, made me very angry to be honest.

So I have given up going to the doctors now, they obviously don't want to help me or think I'm mad as it's an enlarged lymph node.
I try to convince myself I'm fine but the symptoms tell me other wise.

I've googled it to be honest (I know i shouldn't lol) and I've read if the lump is short term and painful it's nothing to worry about but if it's long term and painless it could be the big C. Real pain at 19.

RoseEve
05-03-14, 21:53
My son is 20 months and had an enlarged lymph node since birth. I've had it checked 3 times and it's fine. We just hear lymph node and think it's cancer but lymph nodes are a part of our body. If you had it checked by a blood test and an MRI you truly are fine. Welcome to the site! People here are very supportive. :hugs:

rrr122
06-03-14, 14:04
thanks Rose, I'm forever hearing a Blood test doesn't confirm if you are ok, only a biopsy or CT scan does :-(
It's the crackling when I breath that effects me most now :(

SarahH
06-03-14, 14:12
Welcome to NMP.

If you have had all the tests and you are still worried go back to your Drs , see a different one in your practice, and explain your fears..... that is the only way you can get reassurance.
Although we are all supportive on NMP, we are not doctors. But we do sympathise with your worries.

Sarah

rrr122
06-03-14, 15:57
I have done, however he looked at the blood test results and said all normal. I mentioned the crackling in my throat and he said all normal you are young. I was in there less than a minute as he more a less pushed me out saying everything was normal and I was mad.

Montana2
06-03-14, 17:31
Lots of old post here about neck lumps and swollen lymph nodes. Just go to search and write neck lump or swollen lymph nodes. I am going through the same thing with my son right now. I know how hard it is. Hang in there.

RoseEve
06-03-14, 17:43
You doctor can feel if it is suspicious. The blood test would more than likely be elevated in the white blood cell count. I was so worried about my son's node the nurse walked me through the blood results (that he had at his check up nothing to do with the node) and explained to me why his results were normal. Small soft and movable is fine. Trust me I am a mother and a science teacher :)